Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Real El Dorado?

Ineteresting read:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jan/05/amazon-dorado-satellite-discovery

Re: A Real El Dorado?

Pretty fascinating read there Travis. You ever wonder why the Aztec, Toltec, and Mayan civilizations were so far advanced over the AmerIndians, yet their occupation of mid and south America was only 2 or 3 thousand years, verses 10 - 12 thousand years here.

I love this kind of stuff! There's no telling what's buried beneath all the growth of the rain forest, it's almost like scouring the bottom of the ocean floor, for sunken treasure. These people were light years beyond the rest of the world, surpassing most if not all European & Asian civilizations, even their p o p u l a t i o n surpassed them. Many civilizations of the Americas just simply disappeared or vanished, before the Spanish even started their annihilation of the natives.

that's a good thought. ya something massive had to cause a great vanishing. there are countless secrets in time that we will never know.

A lot of people don't know that the Aztec ranged all the way up into New Mexico. We stopped at Aztec NM on vacation years ago at one of the kiva's. It was interesting till they started piping in that stupid music. Middle of the summer, over a hundred degrees outside, yet it felt like 70 degrees inside the kiva.
I might be mistaken, but weren't the Anasazi Indians part of the Aztec culture?

Of Four indian cultures present in southern Arizona

and New Mexico, I am told that the Anasazi and

Mogollon were connected to the northern Aztec

movement, but the Navajo and Yavapi Apache were not.

What about the Zuni and Hopi? Weren't they also located in that general region?

Tehuacana
Pretty fascinating read there Travis. You ever wonder why the Aztec, Toltec, and Mayan civilizations were so far advanced over the AmerIndians, yet their occupation of mid and south America was only 2 or 3 thousand years, verses 10 - 12 thousand years here.

What.? .? . This article is showing the Spanish mistakenly wiped out the wrong part of the world ?

Re Te's input above and Mikes phrasing, " The Aztecs pushed north into AZ NM."

Item one, "recent" up to date thinking shown by TV documentaries says the po****ting of the Americas
did not happen with one canoe load from Siberia
and the Clovis family sent a small boat from France.
New people were continuously arriving following the coast. Either walking or short hops in whatever water craft they could devise.
Might these "Aztec" have completely bypassed NORTH American, landed and thrived in central American and fanned out N & S from there ?

Item two. . . and this is crazy
Here's a people called the Aztecs settling in a tropical JUNGLE environment where they have 100 foot trees every 30 feet. They have to chop these trees down just to make room so they can build out of STONE !

Then we have the friendly folks that live in fabulous Central TX, They just had a modest supply of wood to
keep the fires going. All they had was entire mountains made out of stone.
For the 10 thousand years Te mentions, , ,did ANY of them ever put one stone on top of another ?

I remember one show I'd watch and I believe it was Arkansas where they found worked stone tools dating to 35,000 BC. Still a lot of conjecture on that subject. But I do agree with you Hal. More then one boat load of poeple must have come over and from different regions of the world. Well, mabbe except from the orient. I've never seen a Japenese Indian.

The Zuni, Hopi, Pueblo, & Cree were located North of

the others previously mentioned, and supposidly not

connected(don't know why). No stone pyramids with any

of them either, but they sure knew how to use adobie.

The Olmec, Aztec, & Myan ruins of southern Mexico were

mostly made of soft carvable sedimentary rock, like

limestone. The majority of rock in AZ & NM is of

igneous origin. Volcanic pumice was available in both

areas, and the Aztecs/Myans used it for many carving

God,Idols,& Record figures, but you don't see any of

that carried forth with the northern movement. Ah,..

mysteries upon mysteries...perhaps vandonavans aliens

simply didn't visit frequently enough!

I loved that book, I keep it on the historical shelf right next to the Da Vinci Code.

Tehuacana
I remember one show I'd watch and I believe it was Arkansas where they found worked stone tools dating to 35,000 BC. Still a lot of conjecture on that subject. But I do agree with you Hal. More then one boat load of poeple must have come over and from different regions of the world. Well, mabbe except from the orient. I've never seen a Japenese Indian.

Re dates, just in general I believe it is grudging accepted that 13,500 is valid. There are many that are now actively doing excavations with the main purpose of going back as far as possible. That site [ that I cant remember the name of ] in South America is "proven" to be 17,000 BP. So the thinking is that "they" were camped here, but is this the Oldest
site?
Arkansas, 35 K BC sounds like might be a tourist bureau promotion.

Dont be rediculous Te, nobody ever suggested a Japanese invasion, otherwise we would have a SONY
point !
BUT, how about some folks from outer MONGOLIA ?
This ties in with the fact that new technology was
brought INTO the new world, not developed here. The
brief history of the Mongol peoples state bows and arrows [ before the famous recurve ]were used 8,000
years ago.

Has a DNA ever been done on the different regions peoples, like North, Central, and South Americans pre-historic tribes decendents to see from what country they originated from? I'd read that the Mongolians and American Indians were the only two races that had red roots on their teeth.

Tehuacana
Has a DNA ever been done on the different regions peoples, like North, Central, and South Americans pre-historic tribes decendents to see from what country they originated from? I'd read that the Mongolians and American Indians were the only two races that had red roots on their teeth.

Most definitly YES, DNA [ heavy on mycondrial DNA ] comparisons have been done, I saw the TV documentary.!I really cant remember the results as applied to the Americas. It was weighted heavy to the out of Africa
theorem. So this posting adds nothing factual to your info Te.

Hey Ken. I've never heard of any DNA testing. I wonder how pure of history you could get with the indians reproducing in different tribes???

I don't know Travis, but being as there are different races of people, ,wouldn't they have something different in their own genetic makeup. What gives orientals their own look, or African Americans. Were the central and south American tribes decendents of those that migrated down from North America, or were they a totally new bunch that traveled across the ocean to reach that part of the world at a later time? Like the aborigines of Australia, or those that inhabited Hawaii before Cook. If they were island hopping across the ocean, were the Aztec's,Mayan, etc, from a different origin? Mabbe that's why they were more advanced.
Mabbe DNA isn't the proper term, genetics? Did all Indians have the same physical characteristics?