Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Cold Birdie

Deer hunters are thinning out so it's getting to where it's safe to bend over and pick up a point. Even with a 27 temp. the flint bug is still ever present. This is a little scallorn I found this morning.

Re: A Cold Birdie

Thats more heartwarming than an electric blanket. . . What a beauty, good show on an insitu too.

Nice Ken!! looks perfect. thanks for the insitu shot too.

A very nice point, but may I suggest the type Keota as a possibility? It looks more side than corner notched. I was until this morning unfamiliar with the keota type, and only saw it after trying to identify some unknown type birds of my own. It dies not appear in "a feild guide" but is in overetreet 10 and 11. So unfortunately I can't give any info on range, but just food for thought.

Keota would be nice, something new to add to my collection, unfortunately, Perino has it in his book with a range of Oklahoma,Arkansas and into northeastern Texas. Not that it's not a possibility, I found a broken Harrell point in deep LaSalle county, one that even the flint is not indigenous to the area. Also in the same area I found a Bonham, which is another early Caddoan point. This area is northeast of Laredo about 70 miles. This bird I found in eastern Frio county. Scallorns,Perdiz, and Edwards are the most common bird points found around here.

Looks like a good Scallorn to me.

Thanks Mike.

27 degrees,Christ Ken I wouldn't be able to get my old bones to straighten back up after bending over to pick it up. WTG, its a sweetheart for sure.
Happy hunting. AL.C

I sounded like somebody playing with bubble wrap, lots of snaps and pops. Nothings broken, just sounded that way. Getting out of that nice warm truck was a challenge. Getting back in after freezing was a bigger challenge. I think the hill country is going to be single digits tonight. Bet TJ and Nacho don't screen tomorrow.

Hey nice one Tehuacana, your right about the flint bug too! Was wondering if you were planning atrip to T.J's or Nacho's anytime soon?

Hey Will, yeah, we're looking at later this month, at least a few warms days to warm up that frozen ground around TJ's or Nacho's. We're going to be at the Fredericksburg show again, hope to see you there.

Let me know when, I'd like to set up to meet you there. I got money for X-mas that is designated "for digging only" as a gift from my wife. Needless to say it is burning a hole in my pocket. Are you leaning more towards Nacho or TJ? And yes , I'll be at the show, hopefully with a pocket fulll of new points ,Ive had a slow couple months.

I'm thinking Nacho's. He's been hitting some good hot spots. We usually get to the show around 11, sooner if Flicker spends less time fluffing her hair. I'm bringing a few of my points for positive ID.

11:00 it is, Check in and sign the attendance sheet at Mike's table.
If those little birdies are unhappy with the cold weather, Putting a few shots of Vodka in their "bird bath" will ease the pain.

That's what i was thinking, and 11:00 it is ,let me know.