Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Recent trips

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
Dug about 2 hours and only found one piece of worked flint( a nice bulverde) so I decided to go up top and dig for bird points.
day two
and a nice sabinal

Re: Recent trips

That's some nice birds you got there Tucker. Shame about the little Edwards, it would have been a killer. What's the bottom one, a Scallorn?

I'm calling the bottom point a sabinal, scallorns usually have a broader bases. This one has the typical flaring sabinal ears and serrations that almost all sabinals have, (even though scallorn can be serrated too). And a sabinal base, it's only the third of this type that has come from this site.

I'd say your throwing us a big scare Tuck, Up to new years day a two hour visit to the lower area would
have yielded a couple of handfulls of worked pieces, half of which were G-9.5 's

Even though an amputee, that Edwards deserves a nice warm home in your new frame. Seeing all those small
points together makes it look like the knappers
were in competition to make the most delicate and intricate creations.

Man then wait till you see what I found yesterday... And I'm not talking about the possible c-tang base, a couple of nice birds came up, one a real long barbed heartbreaker.

Posted it but I think it got "lost" I guess more tech issues

Tucker
Man then wait till you see what I found yesterday... And I'm not talking about the possible c-tang base, a couple of nice birds came up, one a real long barbed heartbreaker.

QUICK TUCK. . . seems to be working at the moment, we're all holding our breath to see this latest find !

SH
Tucker

QUICK TUCK. . . seems to be working at the moment, we're all holding our breath to see this latest find !

Nevermind, I think I just found it under your YESTERDAY posting.

VERY INTERESTING, Tks for the uplifting report in these ice age times

Just bringing this posting back into play to compare the second pic down to Will's point in POINT ID

I think that another look should be taken at the

bottom arrow point. Another Key id characteristic

of Sabinal, is common sweeping convex sides/ edges,

of which this one dose not have. Yes, it dose flare

at the barbs like Sabinal, but what I think that you

really have is not Scallorn, not Sabinal, but

Rockwall instead. This point type ranges well into

the eastern half of the Texas Hill Country. We have

even found a few of them here at our cave site West

of Camp Wood, Tx.