Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Jetta??

With all of the recen buzz about jettas I thought I'd submit a photo of a point I believe may be a jetta. I'm no point id expert nor do I claim to be, so I hope someone more versed in the art of id can help me out. This point also has basal edge grinding, a characteristic not mentioned in Hesters book or in overstreet.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
thanks guys

Re: Jetta??

Must not be, doesn't have the needle tip! It appears to be a probable jetta to me by the picture. Never found one myself. Congrats if it is. It doesn't have the characteristics of a perd.

I'm not going out on the shakey limb! Whatever it is I'd say it was a favorite of the owner who resharpened
it down before the final break did it in.

If it was mine, I'd keep it a bit closer to the bucket full of broke Jettas rather than the Perd
bucket.

I'd say Jetta, although before they decided to name it that, it was considered by many diggers to be a predecessor form for Pedernales, much like Gower. There were alot of grumbles going on when they decided to name the Jetta. Probably wouldn't have been any problem if they had named it at the same time as Gower.

It is Gower. Similarities but not the same as Jetta.
The basal dulling of the stem edges is a major trait of Gower.

Well, I knew that basal edge grinding was a trait of Gower, but this would be the First example of a Gower where the bottom ears do Not turn inwards towards each other. I guess you learn something new all the time!

That's what keeps me so interested in this hobby, there is always something to learn!