Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Manos and Paint Bowls

I thought I would share the summer finds. For some reason I found more paint bowls and Manos than points. I dont see many of these on the site so I thought people may be interested. One of the paint bowls still has the red Ocre in it and evidence of long-term use. It was used so often you can see where the ancients fingers literally rubbed the bowl smooth. Most were found on the Lampasas and a couple at Christners. Grinding nuts,grains and tubers with manos is a perfect example of why they wore out their teeth! Nothing like rocks mixed in with the vittles! Enjoy

Re: Manos and Paint Bowls

Bowls are rare, very unique additions to a collection. The very next one I find will be my FIRST
. . .dont laugh, thats not funny smiley

You note residue pigment. . .double neato. Nother trace thing to look close for is a hint of Glue [ resin or asphalt ] on the base of points.,used to help secure onto a shaft.

One of these will be my first too

BTW Idaho...That Arizona potato went down and stayed down. I paid $1.40 for it. In CenTx presently there is a sweet little Idahoian lady on TV telling us how good the dirt is in Idaho and we need to be sure not to get any imitation potatoes Near the end of the infomercial she tells us they are about 25 CENTS each.

Dam, I really got ripped off !

Hal,

Next time you need potato's please consult me.If I can figure out that

Just this morning I Googled " INDIAN PAINT BOWLS "

One of the results listed was. . .

AUSTIN DIGGERS FRONT PAGE, BOTTOM ROW OF ICONS. SEE " PAINT BOWL " [ no icon picture ]

Hal,

I have tried and tried to post a large detailed picture of the paint bowls but no luck. All I get is a small one to post. I have used the < img src=" > but will not work for some reason. I have some really good pics people may like to look at. Any suggestions?

Hellooooo Hoe! Bahha!

Email me the picture and I will see if I can post it for you !! Also I can send your some info on posting that might make it easier for you.

You can email me the picture, but also email me the URL or the www to where the picture IS LOCATED on the internet also

Thanks!! I can't wait to see!!!!!

Michelle

Never mind.. I see what you did .. You put the info in the "Avitar"
area

The picture is great!!!!!

Thanks Michelle ! I should call this pic, Manos, Paint Bowls.... and Nuttin Stones....

Idaho
Thanks Michelle ! I should call this pic, Manos, Paint Bowls.... and Nuttin Stones....

Thanks Michelle ! I should call this pic, Manos, Paint Bowls..... and Nuttin Stones . . ...
On a Bar stool