Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
motley?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: motley?

this point was found in van zandt county texas im trying to figure out what its called i found it in a creek

Yes Inded, Motley is exactly right, and a nice one at that! The bases can be convex or straight, but it's the nice wide corner notches that are the best ID key.

Motley certainly fits your place of finding. It's very nicely crafted compared to some of the smaller
book examples. Final word is always a local authenticator, Heavily worked down Kay & Kings might come into the equasion.
Your location is not far from shark tooth heaven [Sulfur river drainages ]

Good job on gettin the pics up !

what do you know about shark teeth i want to find some so bad

brandon Ingram

About your teeth B, Your part of N TX is very rich in teeth, from 6 inch Megladon to 1/4 inch ray teeth.
It's all a matter of where the drainages cut through the rich fossil beds , primarily of the Eagle Ford stratas.
My best advice, see if you can make contact with the Dallas Paleontalogical Society [ club ]. . . . I have hunted
with them as a guest. THEY ARE NUTS OVER TEETH ! As a club they know where to find them and has established legal and with permission regular hunting
grounds [ drainages ]
Costs nothing to join. Say hello and your interested in field trips.

brandon Ingram

Your teeth, , ,part 2. Sorry I had to go back to the front page to recheck this info.. . . .
Back to front page, bottom right. Click SHARK TEETH TRIPS
Next row down, click 2004 CTPS [my club, Central TX paleontology club in Austin ] Badger is as good at finding fossils as flint. She & I were on 2 trips, one
of which was with the tooth hungry Dallasites and she found a FISH.

I've got my share of teeth [ fossils ] but I could always stand to find some more CRUSHERS. It is so neat to see a whole jaw full of them and know that the creature could pulverise a crab [ or an oyster ]

You dont have to tell them your a flint nut, if you happen to find a Clovis, just put it in your pocket, the tooth fairy will never know

`if u want to find shark teeth the place to look is in the north sulfer river north of ladonia tx. u can access theriver on any road or highway that crosses the river. after u get into the river bed u need to look at the wall of the river in most places it is 40 to 50 feet high, between four to six feet up from the bed of the river is a layer of sand abouf two to four inches thick, this sand layer is rich in shark teeth.it may take some looking to find this layer as it will disapear and then show back up a little further up or down the river. once u have found this veiv take a screwdriver or hay hook and dig the sand out of the vein and look for the teeth to fall out of the sand u dig out. it is alittle trouble to find the vein im talking about , but once u find it it is well worth exploring especially for shark teeth. i hope this info. helps, later cliff

Bringing this topic back to the 21st century for Sulfur river hunter dsm.......