Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
T.J Jennings Dig Finds !

Another great dig with TJ at the Shoepeg site. The place is loaded ! We dug Saturday and found a ton of stuff. He is digging a very large camp and should go for a long while. Here's some pics of the best finds. It was a killer day for me. We has our own personal screens so if you get a chance call TJ. He is a great person to dig with.

Photobucket

A killer 6 inch knife. Covington perhaps, Kinney. Out of this world.

Photobucket

I found a bunch of killer stuff including a die for G-10 3.6 inch Root beer Perdnales, a sweet 4 inch rootbeer archaic knife, Kerville Knife a 4.2 inch root beer covington, a ragin perd and, a sweet root beer Frio and others. There were others found not pictured including a G-10 out of this world Martindale.

Photobucket

How about the transparancy. Sweet and clear as honey, thin as paper. It will go in the nice case.

Photobucket

I must be the Mano king. We were digging the kitchen as I found a dozen hand axes, manos, hide scrappers, brokes, you name it. I left most by the tree as I have more than enough for the garden.The hand axes are really sweet though. I am sending this group to my buddy Tom Christensen in Florida. He needs more for his garden ! Patty will appreciate it.

Photobucket

Root beer knife in situ..

Photobucket

Awesome Martindale before cleaning.

Photobucket

The end to A PERFECT dig! Thanks TJ !

Photobucket

Re: T.J Jennings Dig Finds !

nice finds. pretty picture at the end too.

Glad to see the Shoepeg is producing again. That's some good finds Idahoe. TJ had called us last Monday about coming out Saturday, but we'll hold off till next month. I'm gonna talk to him at the show and see if he's in the hot spots again.

Looks like a good solid G-9 on the Covington! Very

Nice & Congratulations!

Good report Everybody likes to see those overall site pics too.
If your handly with the photo editing on the PC, , ,wouldn't that be a sight to place the translucent sky shot over the Red sky pic !

Whats a Perd die ? preform

Hal,

To "die for" means enduring 25 MPH screening winds and lots of dust in the face to get that choice Purd and others. I am still cleaning it out of my ears. You know how it goes.

Idahoe
Hal,

To "die for" means enduring 25 MPH screening winds and lots of dust in the face to get that choice Purd and others. I am still cleaning it out of my ears. You know how it goes.

Ach Zo,, , ,I knew that !. . . I was just temporarily thinking of " taps & Dies " Something like twisting
a piece of flint through a " die " and out it comes a G-10 Perd !

Photobucket

I tried to do an example of the sunset sky shot I was suggesting above. It's no where near as good as yours could have been cause I couldn't find a sky laden with screening dust causing the spectacular colors ( [ )

I went to T.J.'s once a while back. Found an awesome Kerville. If it wasn't so expensive I'd go back.

Hey bill, u better tell em who found that covington. My names jeff and I dug out at T.J's for three days. the first day I sifted all day and we found a couple of good martindales, a kinney, and a little serrated nolan. Second day on the first load of dirt I flipped out that blade. Found lots of great broke stuff too. Mr. Idahoe here came and joined me on the third day. Pretty cool dude for a crazy ol' guy! ha We had a load of fun and he found some killer perds and nice little knife. TJ's is worth the money if your willing to spend enough time. When u pop out that whole one its a 10. My martindale that i found on the last day is up there. Hope to see you out there again Bill.

Hey Jeff.

All I could do was post your find as I could not remember if your name was Greg or Jeff. I was also unable to get your Martindale posted as the picture was bad so I put up TJ'S. I should have been more specific on who found what. Congrats!!! I will trade you 6 manos for it? He He He

Hey bill. Drop me a line if u wanna go hand dig somewhere . I know some secret spots in Williamson county and Hays too. seems we had pretty good luck together.
512-635-3524

Hey Jeff,

I also have a cool spot North of Austin. I am going to dig it tomorrow if it stops raining. I hope to post some good finds. I have your number and you are great to dig with. You bet.. Lets make arrangements. I would screen with TJ a lot if the cost were a bit better. Like $ 300 for the whole weekend. I think he is in a good spot. 208-867-5762. That is my personal Spud-Line.

Hay there Guys!

HAY JEFF !!!

Doign a update for TJ's page I have for him on the website, anyway I can get you to email me some pictures of your finds from out there at TJ's so I can put them on the updatesd page for him?

Would be appreciated!!
Thanks!
Michelle

If you can get the rain to stop, and the ground dry up, I will be there ! Any dig dates coming up? Next weekend? Say hi to TJ for me.

Helloo there Nicole!

Thanks for popin in for a hellooo

Tell TJ to remember to use the camera phone and send me any new pictures for the webpage!

I want a little WARM WEATHER PLEASE! Then even I might get to dig!

Have a great afternoon guys.. I .. am at WORK! Who ever said working saturdays WORKS? NOT ME!

Michelle

hi this is nicole. i am tj girlfriend and i just wanted to say that tj is doin a great job with all his digs!! he is pullin points out of the ground left and right! he is mostly at the campwood site right now. he is always optimistic about the digs even when he is havin a bad day!! if you are lookin to find some interestin artifacts then call tj and he will set you up with a dig!! i love the picture of him on the backhoe!! i am with him all the time when he goes on his digs and there is always somethin exciting happenin so here is your chance to dig before he finishes the site!! i love you so much tj and i just wanted to say this!!! :)

well colee,i guess i will be seeing you then this comeing sat, the 27,and im bringing the hole crew from midland,includeing my self it will be 14 people.my bunch cant wait to sreen with TJ,weve been planing this trip for a month,tell TJ weare a go and i got his mesage that he will be calling me on wensday,heres my email in case you need to send me updates,or cool pictures of points. pdrashbaugh@yahoo.com all lower case. see you soon . cliff

We hit some good sign producing area's yesterday Cliff. Lot of flint flakes and midden, so hope you make a killing this next weekend.
We had Colee on our table for a while. She ended up finding the last point of the day, a LaJita.

Is TJ's only screen dig or is there hand digging also? I am trying to plan a 3 day dig-a-thon for my bday this week and need help!

He has hand digs at the Vanderpool site. Palmers still pops one out once in a while and Beverly has her site up near Junction. I think all three are posted on Austindiggers.

colee
hi this is nicole. i am tj girlfriend and i just wanted to say that tj is doin a great job with all his digs!! he is pullin points out of the ground left and right! he is mostly at the campwood site right now. he is always optimistic about the digs even when he is havin a bad day!! if you are lookin to find some interestin artifacts then call tj and he will set you up with a dig!! i love the picture of him on the backhoe!! i am with him all the time when he goes on his digs and there is always somethin exciting happenin so here is your chance to dig before he finishes the site!! i love you so much tj and i just wanted to say this!!! :)

Lucky you. . . most gals just get to ride around in a rotten old red pick up truck !

Photobucket

this is to cliff.. yes sir i will let him know that you are gonna be there! dont know if i will be there though... i might! bye

this is to DFWPhotoguy... yes sir he does some hand diggin too and if you want to dig with him then call him at 830-688-1669.. thanks

Why , AGAIN, do I miss all the digs?????

Its just not right yall!

Glad yall had a good time though!!!!!!!!

Michelle