Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dug first point today

Just this week I started diggin! I have surface hunted for years, and have a nice collection! I have been watchin you folks dig decided to try it! I'm diggin in sugar sand so I have to sift as I dig! I dug yesterday and today and found 3 broke points and a perfect point today! My question is this site is huge and what do you guys look for to sit and dig? If I start digging how far should I dig for it to be considered a test dig? I just need some pointers on what to look for while diggin and how much time should be spent on a spot before relocating?

Re: Dug first point today

Nice going Clut, welcome to the club.
Your basic questions come up about every 6 months, the answers are long and varied from diggers with different techniques and unique soil / rock conditions.
Best advice right now is to go backward in the message
pages one by one and look for titles looking for "help" also try the search block at the top of this page to get back into the old posts.

Now that you have our attention. . . everyones' curious what a first point picture looks like

Re: Dug first point today

Clut, much time would probably be saved if we knew the rough area local of where you are digging. Don't need to know any exact location, but just the general area, and terrain description. There are diggers and collectors, and surface hunters from all over the state that use this site. So, with a little more background info, I feel sure that you will get useful information from someone familiar with your area, and what the characteristics of campsites may be in that area. Welcome aboard, and by all means please post photos of your finds as you can. GOOD LUCK in the sand, wherever you are!