Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
just wondering

Hey i was just wondering if any of ya'll have ever heard of finding any points around sinton texas near corpus i'm headed down to a 16,000 acre ranch this weekend to go deer hunting and wanted to look for some points also.

Re: just wondering

U betcha, good possibility of good surface finds ( IF your the first one there ) Every square inch of TX
had it's share of people checking out the area or maybe just following game.

No one has spoken up about actually looking in that zone so it's possibly unexplored OR so red hot they dont want to say anything !
FIELD GUIDE TO STONE ARTIFACTS OF TX shows little maps of the areas where given points ranged. Plenty along the Gulf.

Coastal surfacing can be a real challenge. Sandy soils,low scrubby ground cover. Knappable stone
material in very short supply.
Coastal points tend to be fairly small and a lot are completly stemless.
Check any slightly higher ground, also keep a sharp lookout for "unusual" collections of shells, that far
from the beach, they were put there by people !

If your trip is this weekend. . . your going to miss out on the Arctic express.

Dont shoot any snow birds

thanks for the info i'll get back to you after the weekend if i find anything

I heard that area is good for trade points and trade goods because it
was exposed to explorers long before other regions were. I also read that they occasionally find arrowpoints made of discarded bottle glass occasionally, that would be a real trophy.