Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Unfluted Clovis or Plainview?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
little flutes! Surface find! Fred. Show last year they said unfluted Clovis! Bastop county on clay level!

Re: Unfluted Clovis or Plainview?

Just based on the very slight "turnouts" on the base, if it was mine , I sure as hell would call it a CLOVIS. Unfortunatly the pic does not do justice to the classic Clovis flaking.

Practically the find of a life time ! Congratulations.
Clovis comes in many sizes, I'm curious, How long is this beauty?

McWilliams was doing a screen dig somewhere out towards Bastrop a couple years ago and a few Paleo finds were the pride of the site.

It is right at 3 inches long! I will take a better lighted pic for you Hal so you can see the flaking! I found it right were the clay level started, sticking straight up! Surface find and oh what a day that was!

I've done some surfacing in my youth, Found a few sticking straight up as you describe. . .

When you pick them up they keep going and Going and GOING

I agree, sure looks like an unfluted Clovis to me!

I bet that caused quite a stir at the site!