Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Lampasas River Dig Finds

Another day in the mud. Actually it was not so bad. I found a nice bi-point knife, Angostura, a round based Lerma and of course, a mano.( I am the Mano King!) Not to mention a few brokes and a nice quartz scraper. No G-10 today Hal...

Photobucket

Fred the Longhorn helps me with over-burden. He likes Oreo cookies a lot ! That boy will run from the north 40 when he sees my car pull up. He does not like Butterfingers though. Sticks in his teeth..

Photobucket

The habitation layer is about 10 inches thick and three feet down. Lots of clams and snails. Short on points today though..

Photobucket

A small drill and a broke- very nice...

Photobucket

Some sort of knife. Bi-point, Harahay maybe just an ugly knife. It is 4.2 inches so not so bad.

Photobucket

The best find was a round based Lerma. Very nice washed up.

Photobucket

A real pretty quartz scraper popped out. You dont find many of these I will send this to my friend Tom for his indoor garden.

Photobucket

Angostura and Knife on Black.

Photobucket

The Lerma is pretty cool. Best of the day.

Photobucket
All of the days finds. Its Budweiser time now..

Photobucket

Re: Lampasas River Dig Finds

Roy,

You know Fred?

Nerves like steel ! Just the way you have framed that pic of the longhorn. . . with the top lip of your dig wall there. We can just immagine looking up and seeing half of John Wayne's Red River gang sizing
up their next stampede victom.

Thats a good lot of flint. Nice going, the Larma alone should have been worth the trip.

I've heard of Fred's place but I thought he had shorter horns and a friendlier look !

Well, I had wished you luck for a Killer day up there,

....and it looks like you had a good one. Nothing

shabby about that Lerma (Good One)!

I noted that you commented on being the " Mano King ",

last time I heard, that was Leonard's dept., but he

hasn't posted in a good while! Anybody know how he is

doing? Travis?

Hey Roy-Ya Bill lets me dig there. I am hoping he gets that hoe of his out there to get down to the real good stuff. There is old road push dirt for the top three feet but below is a camp. Marshall for sure, Angostura, Perds, probably occupied for many centuries. You dig there as well Bill says. I hope to see you out there. Its not public but he lets old guys like me come out once in a while.

leonard is doing real well.he's super busy right now. saw him the other day. his pipes busted from the killer freeze a couple of weeks so he was fixing them. 5 degree low.

Hey Roy. Let me know when you can go diggin. I was hopin Bill would get that lease back. It will be nice to meet you.