Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
McKinnerney Dig-Junction Information?

Has anyone been to Beverly's dig in Junction? I am looking into it but know little about it. Are there any digger trenches or is it pot-holed and dig where you may? Anyone been there recently. I will sure appreciate any information or advice. Thanks !

Re: McKinnerney Dig-Junction Information?

Willta has been there, I was hoping we'd run into him at the show yesterday. He may have come earlier then us and left. Hopefully he'll pop up on the site and give you the rundown.

Hey guys . Sorry I missed you yesterday Teh, Had to leave a little early .I had a pressing surface hunting adventure to attend found 2 good test spots , and a little Ensor ,my first! So about Junction Idahoe, the owners name is Beverly , she is really nice , but don't cross her or break rules. The rules are: Don't jump the fence to the neighbors, Don't cross the river, and Don't "under dig " or root out her oak trees you must stay 5-8 ft. away. Hand dig only and no heavy Equipment allowed ; $30 a day gets you the whole day of digging; surface hunting the property ,fishing on the Llano, or swimming. The site is severly pot holed, I've tried to stay in the same place and bring some kind of organization to it but it's hard. the digging is somewhat easy to 2 ft.Below that it gets tough a gravel layer ,but I think this is wher the goodies start . Beverly claims there are 2 layers of this gravel and finds have been made at 6ft.I have found several brokes and Iknow there is stuff to be found ,but so far my best trip only produced a Zephyr,a nice finger scaper, and a used up Kerrville knife. Brokes include comanche perd, perd ,big blade frags, Base tang base. I like going to Beverly's , it's a quick fix for me if Iwant to dig ,but not at home. Idahoe,if you go take man power and patience, and go deep 3-4 ft. It's hard to go that deep single handed, Iv'e tried. Let me know if you need #'s and directions.

Sorry we missed you Will. After deep and long discussions, I think the next trip to Fredericksburg we'll be there much earlier. I like visiting with everybody, and even with a 2 hour stay, still feel a little rushed. I could spend that much time just talking to Mike Warton.

That is good information. Thanks a bunch. Sounds like a lot of work to get thru the gravel. Perhaps I will look closer to home. Maybe one day she will screen dig it as her ad says they are/may build a house on the site. A nice trench would really help. Maybe she has a neighbor who could dig one for the " older" diggers. LOL