Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Palmwood and tiny lithics

Well, first to Tehuacana. It was very nice to meet you and Flicker at the arrowhead show yesterday. It was my first time to the Frederickburg location (had been to Boerne a couple times in the past) and it was an awesome show.
Now, two things for you Hal. First, you are welcome. I am glad you like the two small points. I wonder how they knapped them so small??? Second, and this may sound like I made it up, but it's the truth. I had spent the majority of my time at the show looking for and admiring the paleo points made of petrified palmwood. When I first saw you, you showed me your new acquisition of the palmwood piece of modern art. Palmwood lithics and tiny arrow points!! Great show!!

Re: Palmwood and tiny lithics

Paul I left without seeing that frame. Shoot me a picture of it. I had to get back home and take care of my kids. Dogs and Longhorns !!! Looks like Britton dug in all that mud here.
Bill

Paul, it was really enjoyable to meet you. As always, I wish we spent more time there. Even though we were there for two hours, it just feels like we were rushed and never got to time to stop and visit with everybody.
I'm always interested in what kinds of points are found and the conditions (soil, terrain, etc.) that they're found in. All of ours are surface finds in the red sandy soil Frio county has so much of. No creek hunting (always dry), no middens along the rivers, and no digging as everything is on top of the ground. So it's fascinating to hear how artifacts are found in other areas and the stories that go with them.
Thanks

San Angelo is in Tom Green County. We have 3 Rivers, the North, Middle, and South Concho Rivers. We have two major creeks, Spring Creek and Dove Creek. Camps all up and down all of them, most on private property. I grew up looking a lot on ranches near the springs of Spring Creek. Lots of "Indian Mounds" on top of the hills. We never did any digging, just lots of walking. Frio, Ensor, and Pedernales are the major types. The finest Pandale I have ever seen was found on Spring Creek. None of these ranches are open to me any more, deer hunting is the major attraction. Rocky ground and no digging in your area sounds very familiar to me. All the best. Paul