Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Point ID! A third beauty from today!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
this one came on fourth shovel load in sifter! What a way to start! Nothin broke on point! It is a pretty head, I'm amazed at this little hole! 3 perfect points in 2 hours! What is it? I'm not used to findin big bird points!

Re: Point ID! A third beauty from today!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
this is the camp! My little hole is on fire! Big birdies all up in it! I'm just a little excited! Never would believe this place would produce like it has! In pic that washout gully behind hole is a spring, still flowing! The creek is 20 ft down off the bluff! It's on a slight rise in sand loam soil! Where points are the soil starts to get black in it! Flakes are just in places and the sifter gets full of burnt rock in places! I'll keep y'all posted! Diggin is the way too go, why didn't y'all tell me earlier!

think that's an Ensor, not actually a "bird point" but nevertheless a good find!

An Ensor! Guess I should have looked in overstreet before posting, I was too excited!

Most likely a Figueroa due to size, convex base, and flaking, but many examples have wider notches.

Is this going to go on all year ?

Good site pic too, gives us a good idea of your project. " as usual" I've got a "few"
comments / observations. "fire rock" usually describes the thousands of fragments that covered
cooking fires. Your report on occasional fire rock might actually be HEARTH ROCKS [ used as surrounding a small fire, still plenty of heat alteration ]
We just went through 6 of these at Chrisners recently
and they ALL had a few nice complete points very close by.
Whats the broke report ?? Nice broken bases can indicate they were sitting around a fire changeing out their hunting equipment. NONE = still sitting around the fire carving out new points for future use and as the fire dimmed late at night, they did not pickup all the new points they just knapped.

Sorry to have to be the one to ruin your day with this bad news . . .BUT. . . Your NOWHERE NEAR deep
enough for that type of location. Continue, mind where you stack the processed dirt, , , then when the hole is much bigger and your in a really good mood,
Do a test hole as deep as your body can stand. If your luck continues, your in for a pleasant surprise.

So you do have an Overstreet. . .did you get my meaning and look up the priceing on the Bonham ?

Hal thank you for the info! I agree with you about the rocks being little hearths I didn't know the proper name! Did you get to see the transparent scallorn I found also yesterday! I've gotten down to 3 1/2 feet or so but no rock fragments, flakes, or points! My hole looks shallow but I backfill it everytime so the rancher will stay happy with me! I will go deeper and see what happens, Ive thought the same thing! All the stuff seems to be about 1 1/2 to 2 ft deep! Found 2 broke liitle bases and 3 whole points! The bonham, scallorn, and Ensor/figuero(?)!!! I do have the 11th overstreet and 10th! I see what your sayin about the price of bonham, unbelievable! I'm proud of it for sure! The scallorn is a beauty too, one side is smooth, no flaking, first one I found on edge not in sifter! I'll be goin deep this week, I will let ya know!