Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A very good day

It started out with finding the small split base Ensor and nice pipe creek on top, no digging required. Which was followed by an hour and a half of no points whatsoever. I decided to dig out a small hump of packed sand at the bottom of my hole and was rewarded for digging deep, five feet deep to be exact. I first thought the point was a kinney then realized the depth was lower than early archaic levels, so I thought early triangle instead. As I brushed away the dirt I saw the basal grinding, and flaking style. I had found a beautiful plainview!!! I was pumped and from then I found a super thin montell, very nice albeit small Friday, and a nice Nolan.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: A very good day

I was expecting something like this. . When I see the word " VERY " used in a Tucker posting.
Throw that flint in the bucket except the plainview that goes in the velvet lined frame.

Good written report too, not recognising exactly what a point is after first spotting it is a double treat.

VERY nice.

Kudos Tucker, looks like your into some good stratum

there. I smell a whopper in there somewhere! Good

Luck,...and Good Stuff!

Well that makes three plainviews that have come from the site, possibly suggesting an occupation layer, rather than a one time encampment. But my question is how rare or collectible is the plainview? I know Folsom and Clovis are rare, but where does the plainview fit in? Thanks for the comments guys