Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dug these out today!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
found these today! The stemmed broke came at about 11/2 ft down! The broke base came out deep, it's pretty tore up, but looks paleo? Brokes are better than nothing at all! Anybody want to guess, just tryin to figure out what levels I'm diggin on this camp!

Re: Dug these out today!

Top one resembles a Lange,........Not sure about the

bottom.

Outline looks to be maybe plainview if that is the shape it was chipped by the maker, not just randomn breakage that just happens to resemble plainview. any grinding??

The top point I'm going to have to agree with mike on but the bottom looks like a kinney point to me. I'm not sure though I'm not as good at Id with un notched/un stemmed formswhich most paleo are.

Yes sir there is a little basal grinding! I was thinking plainview also! It's pretty tore up though! I'm pretty sure it's paleo but it's ugly! I think this camp has had some dirt moved awhile back! It's hard to determine the levels and the artifacts are all at different levels! There's a few junk piles and debri piles I have run into! I've got a few other places to dig so we will see!

Well I change my vote if it's got basal grinding it's paleo. I'd say plainview maybe, you should take a look at the books. And since it's paleo, you might have a middle archaic layer hidden between the very old paleo and the less old woodland layers.

The bottom base look's mor like an Angostura than anything else.