Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paleo stuff!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
paleo stuff! Came from another site about a mile from where I'm digging now! I think a golondria base but the other one I don't know?

Re: Paleo stuff!

You got the points, I got the target. . .

I got my pic taken with this Black Hills institute Mammoth, one of the largest complete skeletons ever
found.
That Knee is about at my collar bone level, imagine running up and stabbing one of these in the ass with one of those things Clut has in his hand !

Photobucket

Those parallel flakes flakes on the first piece make me think it possibly belongs to the cody complex people. And Hal, judging from the size of that thing, we may be significantly underestimating the length of the shaft on the paleo spear. Perhaps they threw it like a javilin from a hundred plus yards away. I sure would. :)

Right on gm, Just saying "they killed Mammoths with these Clovis points " and actually standing next to the creature is really food for thought

The second course of the food serving is knowing that in "just" 10,000 years "they" were using bird points so delicate that they probably broke half of them just hafting to a twig !