Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Shipping a Point

So I've decided to send Dr Gomer one of my brokes, but started worrying about my point being in the hands of the USPS. So I devised a container to protect my point.

Photobucket
A friend of mine works in shipping and gave me this very dense styrofoam. I traced the point in the foam and cut a bit of it out.
Photobucket
Like a glove
Photobucket
Cover it with another piece and good luck mr postman.
Photobucket

Chris J

Re: Shipping a Point

Good job Chris, did you hollow out a section to accomodate the new repair on the trip back ?

As a matter of possible interest for other readers that might do shipping points. . . pay the extra money to get a signed "received" receipt.

Dr G is certainly OK but I read of someone that shipped a point for a COA to a new appraiser to him
and he claimed that he never received the point.
True ?

I don't know about UPS but I gave Silver a couple of broken points and made the mistake of sending them 1st class mail. It took over three months to send them less then 200 miles. Pony express would have had them there in a week.

Never had any problem using thin tan foam that you can buy at hobby stores, cut to size, and put in a bubble envelope, but still hear about lost and delayed mailed articles all the time, even with insurance and tracking numbers. Usually, there are more problems with big,heavy, or awkward items, especially if fragile. I've stood and watched shippers load and unload before, and most of these corn fed bubbas got only one thing on their mind....Get er Done! And thats with the grace of a bull in a china closet!

Hal, I did cut the area needed for the future repair. But I have a feeling the Doc has his own way of shipping points. I thought about bubble wrap, but just didn't feel comfortable with it. I'll post pics when I get it back.

Chris J