Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
last trip to rolands

Rolands jan10

all in all we found 75 points, these are the better points. We found many other items, grinding stones, choppers, some of the nicest scrapers i have seen, and bones, bones, bones. It was a great couple of days. Roland is a super guy, and a GREAT host. This place has the best concentration of points I have seen. We simply moved the top 18-24" of throw, and the layer directly under that had everything in it.

gman

Re: last trip to rolands

Gman. Looks like you have mastered the pic thing. Cool Beans.. Great Finds. Did you dig last weekend? I was going to go down but Roland said it was still a bit wet. I am hopin for some dry weather. Thanks for sharing.

Flint fever...

these were all found the 3rd weekend of Jan. it was cold, but dry. I suggest going over to the wire fence near the last remaining tree( we went away from the river using the tree as a center point, now I would go TOWARDS the river), back off about 1-2 feet, and go down about 2 feet until you find undug soil. You will run into an undug layer of mostly compacted sand. This is the layer. Easy digging!!
Have you been back to Chrisners? We KILLED em in that camp I believe you helped find. I will post those pics also.

gman

Y'all found some good stuff, that shumla on the right is super

Where is Roland's and how much is it?

the Shumla was the find of the trip. It is heat treated, and the I guess the heat caused it to change to 3 distinctly different colors. On one edge, it is BRIGHT orange. The drill is also SWEET, and also heat treated to change the colors. The tip is black. I found a broken Castroville that is 5+ inches long, and sweet, but a chunk out of one side. Darn.

gman

THATS IT . . . .thats THE area !
Very nice, and a really good variety of different types.
Rolands info can be found on the front pg under the PAY DIG info see NUECES RIVER ADVENTURES [ south of Camp Wood ]

gman
these were all found the 3rd weekend of Jan. it was cold, but dry. I suggest going over to the wire fence near the last remaining tree( we went away from the river using the tree as a center point, now I would go TOWARDS the river), back off about 1-2 feet, and go down about 2 feet until you find undug soil. You will run into an undug layer of mostly compacted sand. This is the layer. Easy digging!!
Have you been back to Chrisners? We KILLED em in that camp I believe you helped find. I will post those pics also.

gman

Yeah, we'd like to see what you found. . When we saw the amount of labor that went into the landscape work
We said " Wow, these guys must have been doing really good.

Photobucket

The Idaho potato lunch was about right in the middle of the pic. N.B. Ida, Note that they " assumed" you fully dug under your lunch spot !

Here is that black Angostura from Christners. We moved a lot of dirt. I have never seen a black one. Its 3.35 inches and one of the best I have ever found. It lives in the good case !

Photobucket

Photobucket

nice gordo

gman

gman

I remember seeing that Ango ! I was hopeing to see what was left that gman later killed

Looks like u also got a couple of marcos points to me. Sabinal style!