Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
calf creek

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: calf creek

Dr. Gomer fo sho! Nice, that is a beauty!

Very sweet flint!!!! That is a beauty! Where was it found?

Williamson/Bell Co.

Im not into the whole restoration thing Cluton.I like my points just the way they are,gives them more character.

I'd love to add one of those to my collection someday, nice find! I too would restore it.

I actually agree with you! I've been tempted to send a few off, but never have! Great point none the less! Wish I could find one! I am jealous!:) I have a broke corner tang, just the tip, I've even called the good doctor just can't seem to send it through the mail!

Thanks Cluton,I yeld a primal INDIAN scream when i found it.Im told its getting harder and harder to find artifatcs like this one.Good Luck,and remember to always dig deeper than the last one who was there.

Its very strange that hundreds of people looked at this amazingly beautiful Calf Creek and dont respond?

It does only have one ear. Nice try anyway.

True,its not complete.Lets see your best Calf Creek G-Town?????????

Thats a very nice piece, but in my opinion, thats a Andice, rather than a Calfcreek, but either way, its a beauty & a Killer! Thanks for posting it....John

Just being sarcastic there TK. I cant even come close to your one ear. Very Nice. Not sure about the calfcreek/andice question. Havent seen enough to make an argument.

I would also say andice based on where it was found

What are you baseing that from JF? Ive been told by many oldtimers that its definetly a Calf ceek due to the size.Andice are alittle more wider and larger.Lets ask a true expert Dr.Hester????

i'd say andice also. i think calf creek come from far north texas and oklahoma? also looks like the andice in the books, not the calf creeks in the books.

whatever you call it, it is still a nice find.

Hi Tomb, I baseing my opinion that your point is an andice because of the extra long ears it had, which key out to andice rather than calfcreek(take a good hard look in any recent overstreet guide to see for yourself), as well as its material, which looks to be edwards plateau flint from further South of where calfcreek points generally occur, which is NE Texas, then on North more into adjoining states & further. I would also like to know, did this piece come from NE TX or further South? Thanks for replying to my reply....John

John,the overstreet price guide is not very acurate with alot of its points.And as far as point location,their have been many Calf Creeks camps found around this area.

My good friend dug 3 mounds in northern williamson county for 10 years! They found 4 andice points and all have been papered! John was just referring to location and area from where your point came! He has a point and my friends andices look similiar to yours! I also have a great friend, an older gentlemen over here in lee county that has found a bull tongue Simpson, that is a se/gulf coast point, so who knows! Maybe it is a calf creek, if you think it is then that's what it is! Calf creek it is, and I need one in my case just like it! I don't care what you call it, it's a fine artifact! In my opinion, alot of these points are the same people just sometimes differently made or resharpened! There was no set instructions for napping points thousands of years ago! How about a calf andice?:) Dont get so technical, it speaks for its self!!!!!

Get it papered then! If you think you know then get it on paper! If not who cares what other people think! I was really tryin to make a point that it seems you are tryin to argue it is a calf creek, why argue? If you put it on here people are going to say what they think! Why don't you reread the comment I said and think about it instead of just replying to the posts and making comments that you make yourself look bad! Being a gentlemen will get more comments than being a person who is not a gentlemen! I hope you understand why people don't post on other forums, it's because people like other people who are supportive and honest! Sorry if I offended you, that is not my goal, my goal is too enjoy peoples finds because I know how important they are!

I consulted hesters/turners guide, and here is what I found... The andice range covers williamson county, and calf creek points are listed as an Oklahoma/Arkansas type, (and I've only heard of them being found in the panhandle or Oklahoma myself). So baseing my opinion from a re****ble guide I would say that this is definately an andice. I did however use a single guide, which however reliable, is only a single source. So since I don't have another book to compare point finding ranges, there is room for error. In the end though it's your point and you can call it whatever you want, pedernales if it makes you happy lol. Whatever it is it's an awesome point and I would very much like one of my own.

You should watch out who your talking to like that ****on.Im not your little step child.!!