Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
oldie but goldie-2

Photobucket

Re: oldie but goldie-2

WOW that is AWESOME!!!!! Thanks for sharing.Looks like you could read thru it. Where is it from?

gman

Not trying to stir up any trouble, but did this point ever get papered? I was trying to purchase one very similiar to this, here in Houston, but i was always scared of it.

not stirring any trouble up, rgs, no this point has never been papered. hubby is still scared to send it to Anyone.....but it has never been in or around the Houston area.

Re: oldie but goldie-2........rgs?

rgs.you said you were looking to buy one like this one...may i ask what classification it was given? we have been told this is all kinds, hence the reason my husband is scared to send it...as i once said I do not know what it is... the ones from the woman's collection makes this look bad, lol. i just reposted this for conversation. It is a very unusual piece and perhaps on day we can have it papered.

i'm a friend, not foe

I would get a COA on that thing, even if i had to drive to Dwain Rogers, for piece of mind & investment purposes. If you ever get down and out, and need to sell that thing, you'll have a hard time getting what it's worth, without a COA. If you recall, i was one of your supporters the first time you posted this point, i'm not trying to stir up any trouble, was just curious.
The point i looked at, appeared to be a clovis, i'm still kicking myelf for not getting a pic of the dang thing. I call her every now and then, to see if she might be ready to let the thing go, for she inherited from her father, who collected. Below is one point i got from his collection.
Photobucket
Below is my only point i've ever sent in to Dwain for a COA. I paid $75 dollars for it, and never gave it a second thought. I gave it to my father for a christmas present, but after several years i sent it in, upon something my friend Fred told me. He told me that this was a very valuable point if it was authentic. Well i was happy as heck, once Dwain mailed it back with a COA.
Photobucket
Photobucket