Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need help with ID! Little clear point!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
what is this? It's been in my case for months! Found in s Texas, lasalle county! It is pretty clear material! Just needing help with ID! Thanks! It is 1/2 inch long and in case looks like crystal, also any ideas on material?

Re: Need help with ID! Little clear point!

That there seems to be a frio a very nice one at that

I wasn't aware that frios came that small! The one they found at shoepeg this weekend is about the same size! Well I have a nice frio then! It is beautiful, I was redoing my cases today and forgot about it! I found 18 whole points on a javelina hunt when everyone was napping I was huntin heads! It came from a spot with perdiz and triangles! What is the material? It is bird point size, that's what threw me off! Thanks for the reply!

I would say split base Ensor instead of frio. The split base Ensor is actually a point that bridged Ensor to frio, so I could be wrong. Whatever it is it's nice!

this point is little! That is my pinky finger! I guess it is close to an inch! I thought it was a little smaller! Have you guys seen split base ensors or frios that small? Thanks Tucker, I'm sure nuff proud of it!

Cluton, that is a nice point, again I would go with split base Ensor bit I can't be certain, tomorrow I will try to post some of each that are definate examples,

top are split base ensors
bottom are frios

Tucker I see what you're sayin! Man they are close in shape! I have a few of both, just went and looked, brokes though! I can't decide what it is, I was so thrown off by the bird point size! Maybe your right, thanks for the pics!

Yessir, Tuck was right on the money that time!

Tuck you are the man! Split base Ensor it is! Thanks so much, I would have never even known! thanks tuck and mike!