Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Acouple from yesterday

Ok here are the keepers, first an amazing montell, one of the finest I own, then a good Edwards, and finally a weird shallow notched point. I'm not sure what it is, but it has step fractures on both sides( indicating use as a cutting tool) so I'm considering the possibility of a double notched pipe creek, I've never heard of one before, but I'm still considering the possibility. If I counted correctly it is the 18th complete pipecreek to come from the site, out of nearly 450 bird points (approx.). Or then again maybe it's just a weird bird point...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Re: Acouple from yesterday

Killer Montell.They are very hard to find complete.

very nice

Beautiful points! The montell is great, I found a point like the middle also! I'll try to get some pics!

Nice finds Tucker, middle may also be an Edwards that was never finished.

As I was thumbing through the book looking for your long stemmed ( one of a kind ? ) recent find, I
stopped at the Montell family pictures.
Apparently not only does size, flint, rarity and quality have a bearing on the apraisers $ apraisal.
But obviously discreet overall form is a big deal.

As you have seen ( who wouldn't have peeked at the book with such a find ? )
There's one point like yours for $700. Then there's the OTHER one like yours at $1600.

Wow... To be honest I put this one straight in the case, and didn't hit the books at all, that really blows me away, like I said it's one of my finest