Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nacho Digsite news, Monster Amalgre found........

Hi Everyone, Due to low funds & things called bills, I didnt go with my cousin Brad Stiles, who lives just a few blocks from me here in Fredonia, KS, but anyway, Brad left here last Thursday & drove the 710 miles solo to Campwood & already had reserved a room ahead of time. Friday morning rolled around & he met Nacho, Rosco & other diggers atthe Falcon Cafe for the ritual coffee & filling breakfast there. They then went to Nachos newest site, I believe its called the Chalk Bluff site, located a few miles SW of Laguna in Uvalde county. This was the first full day of screen digging that Nacho was starting there. This day started slow Brad tells me, real slow, as Brad found 1 Lajita point & little else till the last part of the day, then he found 2 more full points, a nolan & a pandale. They had dug like 3 feet down & just werent finding much, so upon some of those present asking, they went deeper, deep enough that you couldnt see the loaders after a while Brad tells me.

Saturday came & started off a little better, still slow, but that morning Brad found a large 4 1/8" long X 2 1/4" wide G-9/10 Amalgre point. Brad ended Saturday with about 9 full or mostly full points, so he was pleased, even though the site was slow the first day. Its very even & symetrical on both sides, the largest Amalgre I have ever seen, though I'm sure theres a bigger one somewhere out there. Congrats to Brad for 2 full days on the screens & his impressive 4"+ Amalgre........ John F.

Heres some quick shots I took of Brad with this monster Amalgre & a quick shot of his Saturday finds:

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Brads Saturday finds:

Photobucket

Re: Nacho Digsite news, Monster Amalgre found........

It only takes ONE good one to "make your day" We dont see many Amalgres

Excellent, informative report. Brads description of "going deeper" is interesting for those that know the lay of the land, there's a LOT of depth potential there. Roland has posted some pics from the weekend and one shows how really small that Bobcat can look
when it's heading to the bottom lands.

You've gotta DO something about that working interfering with your digging life. . .Ever consider an oil well ?

Re: Nacho Digsite news, Monster Amalgre found........

Thats a whopper John! Congrats!