Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
JUST TAKES ONE GOOD ONE TO MAKE YOUR DAY !

Thank Goodness.

I rearranged 9 or 12 tons of rocks at Chrisners yesterday.
Started with an easy to get at crack....zip
Photobucket

Next shot, a monster locked up in roots. . . zip

Photobucket

Wish Spyder could wag a jack instead of a tail. .
Photobucket

Next try. . . .BINGO. . . .the big one. . . . Raised a a huge slab of bedrock right in the middle of the original camp hotspot . . .
Photobucket

Insitu, just not enough light

Photobucket

bingo. . .!?
Photobucket

Re: JUST TAKES ONE GOOD ONE TO MAKE YOUR DAY !

Good show Hal. It goes to show that with some serious boulder manouvers, one can find the rainbow at the end. Did you bring a sandwich for Spyder?

very cool show there Hal. I figure your safe with all that stuff. I watched a guy move a boulder with a jack at Chriners years ago and it rolled down the hill by the cave and almost hit a guy at the bottom in the creek. ..

darl?

Gee Hal, maybe I should take you with next time I dig

open a sinkhole. It looks like you'd be good at it!

Travis McGaughey
darl?

Darl it is. . .and a very nice one, really severe beveling.

I was hopeing you regulars would see the humor in my report. By weight, there isnt a digger born that
can move that much material in a day, for such a small reward. "Someday"there will be a tremendous payoff in one of those cracks....but not up to now !

Some structures I can just skid asside, some just an easy 3 foot roll asside, but as Travis has seen . . .
There's no power on earth to stop one of those big ones once their heading for the lowlands

Wow hal, you got some serious diggin style. You are right about treasure in the cracks. I have seen many nice points between big rocks. I was fortunate to dig in a mound in florence that had a jig-saw rock bottom. It would take 2 or 3 people to flip em and the best points were underneath, had too be left on purpose in my opinion. Good show anyway.

Great looking point and Heeler. Just as the ole saying went with a little change. Texas is a good place for men and dogs AND I add points too!

Hal your takin it to a new level! I don't think I have the heart for that style of diggin(movin)! You are right, one good one makes all the work worth it! My philosophy is one whole point a week, that's 52 whole points a year! But mostly I'm playin catch up because I get many weeks behind!:) I did meet my quota this week though!

Think we are fixin to head that way and see what we can do! I'm waitin for cousins divorce to be final, then a road trip is the plan! Probably rowlands, sounds like it's gonna get hot!

Big rock moving has always been part of "normal" digging, you dig along following the trail of flint
flakes then when you hit a big boulder, just get 6 of your closest buddies to help roll it out of the way.

The areas you see me working in the pics have all been worked over with back hoe and front end loader.
I'm just trying to be creative in finding near camp spots that the machinery couldnt get a foot hold on ( steep slopes ) OR litterally BEDROCK outcrops.

I'm still learning and practicing, "someday" , like sitting at just ONE slot machine all night. . . the
jackpot is just one pull of the lever away

I want to know how hale knew some Indian was hiding arrowheads under large rocks?