Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NACHO AT CHALK BLUFF

Welcome to the new screen dig site at the chalk Bluffs ( on the Nueces river, just west of Laguna )
by Nacho and his crew. The Barksdale site has been demobilised and re established at the Bluffs.

This was the second weekend and a better lay of the land has been evaluated. When I left, the excavation face was judged to be at the edge of the large main camp. Future work is anti****ted to get progressively better...

Rosco arrives for work in his little yellow sports car
Photobucket

WHAM ! Very first load on the screen and "Lucky" Gene finds a 3 1/2 inch Pandale. I was too slow on the camera work, Gene on the left, bill looking, Nacho on the right hustling away afetr the congratulations..
Photobucket

Here's the quarry face at mid morning..
Photobucket

Bout the 5th load in I lucked out. This big Kinney landed right on the edge after I swatted the dirt around.

Photobucket

The 6 tables are stratigically placed. Looks like enough tree cover to provide good shade right through the summer ( assuming spring brings some leaves ! )

Photobucket

Terry & Kade watching close to see if any lunkers tumble out of the next bucket full. . .

Photobucket

Kade keeps all his finds neatly in a safe place !

Photobucket

Terry used a Dr Pepper for scale. . . Thats a lot of blades. . .
Photobucket

Re: NACHO AT CHALK BLUFF

Cliff shows us a snapped base Angostura ( or Archaic blade or ? )

Photobucket

Cliff keeps his finds in a 5 Gal bucket to allow enough room for the full afternoon finds. This pic
is a grave injustice to that big weird shaped broke. . . Thought to be a Montell base tang fragment, just this piece is HUGE and less than a 1/4inch thick.
Photobucket

This is Debra, Gary and Davids warehouse. VERY UNFORTUNATLY they had put all the mornings finds back
in the vehicle

Photobucket

The best display on the whole hillside was this camp stool top of Bill & Carla.
I left 2 hours early at 3 PM so whatever was found by anyone is not in these pics.
B & C might want to bring an armchair sized seat next visit.
Photobucket

Compare this late afternoon crater to the mid morn pic above !

Photobucket

Almost forgot , , what I found. . . . are those SPRING flowers or winter hardies ?

Photobucket

Little closer. . . MY pesonal find of the day is that tiny little sideways thing.. . . The experts have judged it an ANGOSTURA. . . . so thats the smallest complete in the frame
Photobucket

WooHoo ( haven't heard that all winter )

thanks for the show Hal. The last time I saw Bill and Carla was in Bastrop with Bob.

Great picture trail as usual Hal! Keep them coming.

Hal, chalk bluff is still more than 5 miles downstream!