Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fluted triangle? What the heck?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
somebody posted somethin about a paleo triangle last week! I've got one for you here, a fluted triangle! Fluted on both sides, surface find in bastrop county! It's a cool point but I think just a fluted early triangle! Maybe a resharpened pick up! Thought y'all might enjoy, what does is look like to you?Slight concave base?

Re: Fluted triangle? What the heck?

I read an article a while back about fluting. The article said that many flutes are simply "thinning flakes" where the artist is attempting to thin down the center of the point. I have a Gary that I thought had a flute. I was told not too long ago that it was just a thinning flake. Don't really know what I'm talking about, just throwing it out there.

Photobucket

Chris J

Makes sense Chris! Makes a point look pretty cool anyways!

Some points appear to be fluted,when actually they are only bifurcated for basal thinning. Your point looks to me like a Tortuga.