Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
2010 SPRINGTIME IN TX ( or ? )

This insitu(s) are at least 12 inches in length.
Photobucket

Bumper crop of wild flowers

Photobucket

And especially lawn weeds

Re: 2010 SPRINGTIME IN TX ( or ? )

Looks like somebody is going to be busy for a while. We hadn't cranked up ours yet, hoping for another freeze to kill the weeds back. May not have that kind of luck though, looks like spring is upon up.

Ta heck with the lawn cuttin, it's dig WX.

Medium size Travis with Dandilion seeds
Photobucket

Can you believe this litter spoiling a new bloom !
Photobucket

Clear quartz Mano on a Red Bud field. . . . .eat your heart out Mano King

Photobucket

Lets not forget out great Tx wildlife comming out of a long hard winter. . . .
Photobucket

Squint close. . .the're swarming and you can see a few on the flint.

Photobucket

Miserable rackafrappin plauge

For some reason that rackafrappin plague has all but disappeared from south Texas. They've been on the wane for three years now. First signs of their vanishing act is the horned toads are making a comeback.
All we have to watch out for now is the rattlebugs. They're really out on the move with this warmer weather and have plenty of weeds to hide in. Makes us surface hunters really alert. And I hate being called "alert"

The same mano as above with the Red buds Glows like one of the sacred rocks Indy had in Temple of doom !
Photobucket

Tough to get a knockout pic like the Indy ones. . .Thats a backlit black cardboard screen.

I would have prefered the original owner carve a 4 inch Quartz Perd ot of it

A pink hued GRAHAM CAVE I found at the Bucanan flint show, sitting a piece of Red Marble Falls Granite.
( possible future Mano King preform ? ) next to some
crimson INDIAN PAINT BRUSH fluers.
Photobucket

Way out in the distance sitting on Granite bedrock.
An Andice drill by Jarrod.
Photobucket

Little closer on the traditional Blue bonnet
Photobucket

A very impressive HELL GAP made out of a block of Texas road building rip rap.
Bonus for the fossil people, that insignificant hill in the backround is on Lake LBJ and has a very green
colored strata running at the bottom made up of Glaukenite AND pure Trilobite hash ( Trilobs shed their outer shell periodically and the accumulation of trillions has formed part of a mountain )
Photobucket

No flowers but boating on Lake Travis is still " springtime in TX "
Photobucket

Found a few clunkers at Chrisners for Easterb beautiful Tx blue bonnets surround the vehicle...
Photobucket

Even a lousy tip looks good in this company.
Photobucket

Some sections of county roads are lined on both side with Yellow. This point must have spent some time half buried, the split white patina is a sunbleach effect.
Photobucket

A little black Ensor with a field of Primrose.
Photobucket

Another beautiful field and I'm flat out of flint !
How about a closeup of Spyder's next treat. . . .
Photobucket

South of Moody this big field was pure yellow. I dont even have any dog biskets left, just a .25 auto !Photobucket

A beautiful piece of Obsidion in CenTx.

Photobucket

I'd say that's one of your most colorful posts I've seen. Great pics Hal.

Hal, you make retirement look good

On a normal TX spring day these BB's would be long dead and dried up. The continual rains & mild WX have kept
Everything alive. I think Spyder suspects that there is no base on this big blade !

Photobucket

Some dam ass got in front of the BB field

Photobucket

you make retirement look good

Beautiful pictures as usual Hal thanks for sharing...Sometimes I feel like I'm flipping through a Texas Parks & Wildlife Magazine with some of the photography on this site.

Heres' somebodys favorite little Perd, reworked it right down to a nub. This single cactus bloom will soon be joined by millions all over Tx..
Photobucket

Soon as I got the flint out of the way this necter bug jumped in for a new coat of pollen.
Photobucket

The dreaded Thistle...
Photobucket

Nother very spiney variety of thistle. As you can see, I had been digging in the trash dump part of a camp...
Photobucket

Success, checked another area of the Perd camp ( at Chrisners ) with a metal det., found this great
projectile caseing....
MILKWEED blooms were begging for attention.
Photobucket

The pinwheels turned this field a rust color.

Photobucket

DAM, the vehicle got in the way

Try again with a skyshot of a munchie that Spyder didn't get today. This field id right across the
road from Chrisners ranch. There is / was a big field
of the same tpye flowers on the Chrisners property but
the sun angle did not show them up as well as these.
Photobucket

I thought it was a new topless bar opening
traffic on busy Rt 90 slowed for no apparent reason
until I saw it myself....One square mile of a sunflower field in near full bloom.
I slamed on the brakes too...

Photobucket

When looking at the above field try to immagine that these plants are fully 7 feet tall. I always thought ( was told in kindergarden ) that sunflowers actually turn to follow the sun. Well these were all pointed AWAY from the sun. For scale on the next pic, there is a nice Montell stuck in the middle and there is a hand turning the bloom towards the camera.

When I left, 4 other cars stopped, possibly to photograph their flint finds that day !

Photobucket

Yuccas N Cactus N Montells on the Nueces

Photobucket

It was a windless day and the sound of bees and other nectar eaters was like the distant drone of traffic on a busy road.

Photobucket

Great pics Hal. Those are some of the biggest sun flowers I've seen.

4th pic above ..May 2010

May 2011, same variety of crop but on the opposite side of main road. ( old plot looks left fallow )

Photobucket