Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Weekend family trip to Rolands

Went out to Rolands for the weekend with the family had a blast.Thanks Roland.Got to see all kinds of flint fall in those screens of Nachos at Rolands saw some castrovilles, 3 kervilles ,half a gorget,a 3" serated ensor. Saw more then I can remember. My family and I went out Fri. nite and stayed till mon. afternoon hand-digging, fishing, watching all the dozens of people screening.My son found the red perd. my wife found her first point ever she started screaming it was a perfect frio with a needle tip and I found my first marcos and its see-threw.The blade at the end was not found at Rolands I found it in austin before i left.

perd

frio

marcos

marcos

re-sharpend covington

Re: Weekend family trip to Rolands

Way to go Mike! glad the wife and kid got to find something

Good one Mike, Family Flint & Fun reports are good to see.
Is this a trend we see ?. . . Your the second family report where the Dad did not display a find !

Do you know a placde to go arrowhead hunting close to me - I'm between Houston & Galveston.

Em - Taky1@aol.com

Lynda
Do you know a placde to go arrowhead hunting close to me - I'm between Houston & Galveston.

I would think that area is not exactly an arrowhead hotspot BUT I dont think there is a square foot of TX
that has not seen visits by ancient hunters at one time or another. Any drainages small & large are the place to
start looking. This may not be right in your back yard but where I-35 crosses the brazos is a very good location for a bit of flint but mainly very unique
fossils ( like sloth bones )
Good gravel beds, the water has to be low ( between upcountry rain events )

CORRECTION, , , that should read::::

Where I-10 crosses the Brazos.

silly Hal, I found the Marcos, I stated that up there what I didn't say was I found lots of brokes but just didn't post them. Anyway it was more important that they find something, now they have flint fever too.

Lynda

Lynda I would start a new post might get better results.Also the library could help maybe find where indians might have lived or what kinds where in your area, ask some old-timers in your area the ones that have been in the same place for the past 50+ years, creeks, washes,gravel beds,plowed fields. good luck

buda mike
silly Hal, I found the Marcos, I stated that up there what I didn't say was I found lots of brokes but just didn't post them. Anyway it was more important that they find something, now they have flint fever too.

Your right, I misread the report. So there IS hope for Dads