Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
TOO WET TO DIG. . . BUT NOT TO DRINK !

Allen invited us out to see some of his collection of points. . . very interesting. He also happens to be the manager of the DRY COMAL WINERY . . erry inderestding too !
Photobucket

Many points of great interest including Paleo but my previous life's interest in fossils got he better
of me. I homed in on this big Friday Blade. FOUR fossil snails are cut right down the middle.
What did the original knapper think they were ?
( and how did they get all the snails to sit in one direction while the flint was hardening up ?)
Photobucket

The Vinyard owner also has a collection of real conquistador age swords. Great martini olive stabbers !
Photobucket

Different interesting sights on the vinyard tour impress differently. I liked the "ceiling fan" in the outdoor pavilion. Each blade is 7 feet long. Those with big screen monitors should be interested in the manufacturers name for the fan. ( it's 3 words )

Photobucket

Every body's favorite part of the tour. . . Ye olde vin tasting chambre
Photobucket

I'm quite happy just to sip up the dregs in the bottom of the vat. .
Photobucket

Re: TOO WET TO DIG. . . BUT NOT TO DRINK !

Hal, that was a grand showing of points. I hope the fumes didn't get you in the last picture. There looked to be a little stiffening of muscles there.

why is there a bunch of artifacts missing out of the upper right corner of that awsome upsidedown big as frame of diggers gold

We didn't hear a reason on the gap, I can only speculate.
That frame and about 6 others are part of personal collections that will be raffled off later this Spring
At a one of a kind "flint show" BBQ dinner, flint dealers, special raffle ( every ticket a winner )and naturally Vinyard tours.
Unfortunatly it will not be harvest time so the grape stompin event will have to be foregone.
Perhaps the points were on loan from someone else that had to have them returned. It's a tight grouping, I cant think of another explanation, cant be cherry picking as the remaining frame has G-11 Paleos and a corner tang ( only G-9.5 )

Te, Allen said "everyone " has their pic taken with their head stuck in the wine barrel, I was just honoring
a tourist tradition.
Badger is much to dignified for such antics ( older people get that way ). . . If we are lucky she will
post her version of a grape vine hugger !

Hi. Pat there were drills and bird points in that corner. I put them in two separate cases for easier pictures. The thin birds keep sliding down in the case. Maybe Michelle and Hal will post some pics. Also just to clarfy I'm a steel building contractor that build the winery not the manager. Glad you enjoyed the collection. Allen.

Hint for those that cant get the manufacturers label on the big fan; ; ; ;
The logo on the left of the words is the south end of a north bound donkey