Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help with ID, is it a point or tool?

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
it doesn't have flaking but just at the tip and alittle on notches? Is it a point or like a graver or tattoo tool! The only reason is it came out of an archaic camp and also it just looks different!

Re: Help with ID, is it a point or tool?

theres that alba bonam ,just looking at that point above that heart breaker ct but in referance to that point on your middle finger ,could be a survive or die tool when the soldiers were closing in @he needed somthing to shoot @fast have 1 in my frame almost exactly like it would like to know more about it myself. nice finds.

Just because of the small size, I would tend towards that quick followup shot projecile.

Of course that design would be a perfect drill bit. Many reference books have pictures of early man
using a brace and bit rig for hole drilling, always showing a hafted bit. It's always seemed to me that 99.9% of the drills found are not suitable for drill hafing ( like a Castroville or Montell )

Ive never even heard of a quick shot point! Can you explain more, I have never even heard of that! Why would they make little tiny points for close range combat? Pat can you show me yours that looks similar? Hal thanks for the reply, I always felt it was a little tool( drill, graver, etc.) but I've never even heard about the other theory! Cool!