Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Need help to ID new Find!!!!!!!!

It is right at 4" long, and 1 1/4" wide. It has a serrated edge and fluting on both sides. It was found in central Texas. Thanks for any help!

Re: Need help to ID new Find!!!!!!!!

My guess ( and Charlie Overstreets' ) is. . . . . DARL BLADE

Beautiful

Darl Blade is a good estimate due to the serrated edges, but the blade dose not have typical darl flaking, or secondary side thinning. The style observed better fits that of Pandora. A good find!

So be it, Pandora ( but Charlies a bit sceptical )

I have found a lot of Darl points here in the past.

Calvin, it could very well be a darl blade with only a random flaking style,....it happens! The only other possibility would be Pandora.I've seen flaking styles differ on a number of Texas points. You can always take it to a show sometime and get Dwain's opinion too.
SH, Charlie still has alot of catch-up work to do on Texas point types, let alone variant flaking styles. This has been the general concensus with dealers now for a while.

What point types do you find with Pandora blades?

Primarily Late Archaic points & blades, such as Marcos,Marshall,Castroville,Ensor,Covington,Friday, and of course Corner Tangs if one is very lucky!

I have found these point types at this site: 3 Bulverde, 5 Castroille, 4 Ensor, 5 Darl, 4 Carrolton, 1 Covington, 8 Early Triangular, 2 Edwards, 2 Fairland, 1 Friday, 1 Kinney, 2 Pedernales, 4 Zephyr, 1 Base Tang, 1 Perdiz, 1 Marcos.

Wellsir, with what you have stated, you have potential to find numerous other types not listed, as your site (from the early archaic forward to the Mississippian) would appear to have it all but the paleo.