Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Weekend Dig Finds ! Nachos

The screens were full and the points were rolling out. I saw some really nice stuff. I and Digger Jeff from San Marcos were on one one screen and did real well. Arizona Al and crew were working the screens next door. The weather was perfect although at 4:50 A/M on Saturday morning it rained like crazy and my tent was under water. It cleared just in time for a great day on the screens. I was to busy screening to get more pictures but I will say that there were many great artifacts found. My hands feel like they were tumbled in a bag of marbles. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

We call this pic Nachos Golden Arches..

Photobucket
A lot of artifacts came from the base of this old tree.

Photobucket

Digger Jeff ready for the next load

Photobucket

Digger Jeff's point chair. He dug a great bunch of Martindales, Castros, Langtry, Marcos, Perds and tang scrapers.

Photobucket

I was screening along and out pops this choice Kinny Knife. A real nice one that measures 5.25 inches.

Photobucket

Uncleaned on the screen. The Perd on the far right washed up to be a wafer thin perfect artifact.

Photobucket

By the time lunch rolled around I had some great artifacts. A sweet Bucktooth Montel, a serrated Fairland? that was a G-10 all the way. A nice kinny and a small whole Martindale, heartbroke thin Perd. Not pictured are the brokes and blade chunks that were found.

Photobucket

My haul !

Photobucket

One of the screeners next to us pulled out this paint bowl. You dont see these everyday. Very cool stuff.

Photobucket

Cade and Rosco at the end off the day.

Photobucket

Re: Weekend Dig Finds ! Nachos

Wow, what beatiful land! Some really nice finds, thanks for sharing.

Well it happened AGAIN. . .All my life I have heard. . . .
"You should have been here YESTERDAY"

Good report Idaho but I was looking forward to seeing a drowned white man camping where no ancient Indian would ever think of spending any time ( in flash flood alley )
Sorry, could happen to anybody

We were out there Sunday and got the glowing reports. Everybody got good finds but it sounds like the bulk of the really Unique pieces were found while you were there.

Interesting how you mention the really thin Perds, there were several found Sunday and I commented that they were more like the traditional ultra thin Montells.

My humble report pics to be tacked onto yours as soon as I finish breakfast & start down loading, uploading and side loading pics !

The danger of walking under the "Golden Arches " was carefully explained to each Sunday digger and they
spray painted a huge circle around no man's land.
IT WORKED PERFECTLY. . . By afternoon, with diggers being tired or distracted by some point they were heading to stow in their vehicle. . . .
They walked right through the BULLSEYE

You suffered though some morning damp. . . WE SUFFERED through some sub zero artic morning temps

I had a very long breakfast, here we go. . . . . .

Sunday morn 3-21 at the Nacho screen dig, just settling into work. What you cant see is that it was
25* temps
Photobucket

The owner of this frame was bringing it around to show Nacho after they had been washed. From the Fri & Sat dig. Sorry, I didn't get a name but with a Castroville like that . . .SOMEBODY will remember him

Photobucket

Early Morn square eared Castroville , Note Badgers still wearing her woolies !
Photobucket

OHMYGOSH. . . .a GORGET (45 % )
Photobucket

Gorgets make the very best RABBIT SHADDOWS
Photobucket

There are always large clumps of dirt that need special handling to be sure there is nothing of interest inside....
Raymond from the next table over took time to bring this over for us to see
Photobucket

Rather than just smashing the block and chancing breaking something, Ray just started working slowly from the bottom up !
Photobucket

Here's the Arizona team. . . Al, Jenny, Yoyo ( Yoyo is the one with the gray hair )

Photobucket

What a wonderfull start to the first load of dirt after lunch break. A very nice point still stuck in
a bug clump of dirt.
Photobucket

It's probably the smallest point found by anyone the whole day !

Photobucket

This is a memory and a half. . . Badger stopped dragging that hoe as soon as the spotted a worked piece.. Probably just the base..
Photobucket

NO , , , ,it's not broken. If you look carefully you can see the point sticking through the
grate and even see the base. . . PLUS look at that in the backround.

Photobucket

Two tables over. . . Forgot the name but he does check this site. . .Post your name at the end of this report if you like )
Photobucket

Huge Split Base Ensor !
Photobucket

Oh how I love big points in a fraying pan. I would have prefered to have the missing inch that made it pointy when new but I suppose the owner broke the tip
while cleaning his fingernails. . .then nicely reworked it.
Photobucket

Badger insisted on taking a good picture of me at work, just to prove that I was actually there...
Look close, , ,thats NOT a tree stump on Nacho's right.

Photobucket

Pretty close to quitting time, here's the top of Raymond & Richy's ice box. Brokes not shown.

Photobucket

End of the day, Badger on the left, Me right side.
Looks are deceiving. . .A LOT more of her points are complete !
Photobucket

Some attempt at a closeup.
Photobucket

Steve observerves the Strange Arizonian ritual of " Oh thankyou medicine man for that which we have received ) Nothing to do with the Nazca lines !

Photobucket

Of special interest to collectors is the famous purple and grey point from the Texas Perd leaf tree

Photobucket

No problem with who's days collection these are,, , , It's got his name on it..
Photobucket

Sean & William scratching on the slopes of the 18th !
They are on the road from MISOURI >>>> TRAPPED in TX by the snow to the north ( starting at Trav's hunting grounds )
Photobucket

What a flint huggers delight this new site is

Photobucket

Been waitin all day Hal. The pic of the base tang through the clod is killer. Nice stuff. Congrats on your finds. My hands are still in recovery from screening. Hows yours?

Idahoe
Been waitin all day Hal. The pic of the base tang through the clod is killer. Nice stuff. Congrats on your finds. My hands are still in recovery from screening. Hows yours?

Soft wimpy hands dont run in my line of the family. . . BUT, , , I still cant stand up straight
once I've been in a soft sofa for awhile. The worst was on the way back, 4 hours in a soft car seat, Badger would have laughed herself silly except that every time she snickered her back hurt !

that's a really nice cowboy boot frio

Hey Hal I sure would like to see that base tang that was in the clod all by it self. Did you get any pictures after it was cleaned up?and how long was it ? It looks like 6 or so . Thanks cliff.

Cliff ashbaugh
Hey Hal I sure would like to see that base tang that was in the clod all by it self. Did you get any pictures after it was cleaned up?and how long was it ? It looks like 6 or so . Thanks cliff.

I'll be meeting up with Ray in a couple of weeks, will get a good pic.

Cliff ashbaugh

In spite of some doubting Lunkers there's nothing fake about that flint. I never got a cleaned pic.
Measuring the buttons on my shirt pic, it's 8 3/8 inches.
Photobucket

Hal. Don't listen to the doubting Lunker.. That's a killer tang.. However,the the real question is: Was it broke in the middle? This may be the new Austin Diggers "Area 51". No one knows.. Now, the rest of the story..

The rest of the story, , , , , ,I have to give Ray the fullest credit for comming up with the original
concept.
Clumps of dirt are always part of every load and must be closely examined, we were all fooled when he first
brought the flint in the block over for us to see...

His base is the one in the bottom right of his finds pic....
Photobucket

I contributed the TIP. . . right middle of this pic.

Photobucket

Thanks Ray, happy March / April fools day

You didn't buy it? Heading to Junction for a dig.