Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
our favorite frame

hope yal enjoy

Not sure y its cutting off half the pic but i posted a smaller one below

the other half of the frame

one of the last few digs with in the last month or 2.

One from digfest

martindale

Jetta with a hole bunch of patina

Re: our favorite frame

Wow cool stuff, that martindale is nice but my favorite might be one of the basetangs or that exotic Marshall. How many times Is that basetang on the left notched? And I think the "jetta" is actually a perd, it looks fluted to me.

the jetta or perd witchever it may be is fluted, at least i believe it is,and that basetang on the left has two deeper notches and appears to have two shallower notches.it has no breaks on it and is worked all the way around.Its the closest thing to a cornertang we have found yet.

very nice points

point id? just curious bout point type of the one in the fourth pic from bottom,it was found at the last digfest........darl? its also in the frame top middle. thanks for any info.

Thats some beautifull flint. Also seems to be a bit of rare pottery slipt in.
What do the experts call that big central " base tang " ?
Darl from the digfest site at Chrisners seems logical.

thanks SH,the pottery came from longs ranch,along with the basetang.I dont know what the experts call it,but i would love more info.