Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Any information would be helpful

I live in Southeast Texas, about 90 miles from the beach, I look around at High Island Texas, and have found an occasionall point. We are coming to Garner State park for vacation, and was wondering if there was anywhere that I could look around for some artifacts, and surface hunt, w/o getting into trouble. Any information sure would be helpful. Thanks Missy

Re: Any information would be helpful

It will unfortunately be illegal for you to take any artifacts found on state park property. You will be within an hours drive of both Rolands/ Nacho's and Tj's pay dig sites, just west of Laguna, and Camp Wood, Tx. There is also day digging at Camp Live Oak in Leakey, just to the North. Look these sites up on the front page of this web site.

Mike Warton
It will unfortunately be illegal for you to take any artifacts found on state park property. You will be within an hours drive of both Rolands/ Nacho's and Tj's pay dig sites, just west of Laguna, and Camp Wood, Tx. There is also day digging at Camp Live Oak in Leakey, just to the North. Look these sites up on the front page of this web site.

AND. . . According to Te, there is a huge cache of arrowheads on display on the second floor of the Garner Museum in Uvalde.
There are huge gravel beds to be inspected, all legally at various locations where the roads cross water.
one of my favorites, 7 miles west of Uvalde on 90 crossing the Nueces, its a double bridge with good access.
Nother on 55 crossing the Nueces just S of 334.

Going much north of Garner park is some of the most exclussive hill country retreats that use land mines and
electric fences to keep their share of the waterways private for their guests. One south of Hunt features a billboard size sign that says " NO FOSSIL HUNTING "

Wouldn't hurt to contact the sites Mike mentions just to see if they would let you walk the river in their locations.

ALSO...A biggie I just located on the internet. A classy place with a place for the financially challenged. Google, CHALK BLUFF RESORT, camping twenty buck a night, Access to a long stretch of the Nueces.

Be prepared for slight traffic jams created by all the border patrol vehicles on the roads out that way !

Thanks a bunch for the info, I will check into it when I come to town. Happy hunting !