Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
we dig at night cause we work all day...flint sure looks good shinin in the lights

Re: we dig at night cause we work all day...flint sure looks good shinin in the lights

This is my buddy Dave Shand.I usually run the tractor.Been diggin with this Ole Man for 15yrs now.

Re: we dig at night cause we work all day...flint sure looks good shinin in the lights

This past summer in TX was a real scorcher, I had heard that one of the pay diggers was running at night because of the cooler temps. I guess one gets used to the different light conditions but I'm sticking to my golf umbrella.
Interesting pic, tks

tell them the real reason you don't dig at night Hal... it's because your asleep by early afternoon

It's awsome boys, wish I could take all of ya, and I'm workin on it...I love diggin daytime too, somtimes When you haul a long way, or the diggin gets hot...you just can't stop, lights work great, shape and flint stand out just the same...and when it's a 100 degrees in daytime and 78 at night...well thats all she wrote, work,eat,and sleep at day...dig all night!!!!I'm on a tight budget, if I haul to Uvalde or Rock Springs, it's non-stop till time to leave! Same way if I get permission anywhere, they have to drag me out kickin and screamin!

Texas Mound Hound

Looks like you have a good dig going. Dug many a Hays Co site myself. Haven't talked to David in years but I knew his old digging partner John Y very well. Good luck with the dig.

jhaberer

I took John diggin his last time...loved that guy,taught me how to dig and find mounds...Dave and I saw him the day he passed then went diggin...my dog leg corner tang came outta his hole!!! Took him 6 months to forgive me....good stuff!! R.I.P. John Yarchack Thanks for taking me under your wing