Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
heart breaker

Photobucket

could this be the base of a Langtry?
comments welcomed

Re: heart breaker

That would have indeed been a nice point. Your area is quite a ways from the Langtry zone as defined by
the field guide to stone artifacts. No scale with the pic so cant tell if its a dart point or arrowhead.

Keep looking for some that are more complete so there will be no question of ID problems

Helloo there Sandy

WElcome to the message board and thanks for posting your finds!

Yes, you can post all your pictures in one message if you wish, just copy and paste ALL the code into one message and the pictures will all be inthe same one. I see you asked the question somewhere.. (I get emailed all the posts) But I cannot find the post where you asked the questions about the pictures.

Thanks again and good work!

Michelle

first.thanks SH. I do respect your opinion. I know where the Langtry points came from in Texas, but this one was found here in Gaines Co., I am guessing it was either brought in by a roaming tribe or it could have been brought in or becasue of where it was found possible a dirt hauling company for the oil field. I tried to identify it from the books using the base, is why I came u with Langtry also had a person tell me...but thanks. Any suggestions as to what it might be other than a Langtry.
I am going to make a display of some broken points with some old grease wood stumps that i have found over the years,and I am ging to use black and white pictures of Indians as a background, lol. (its been a long winter, you know. LOL!)