Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Last Memorial Day at Nachos in Barksdale

I dug with Arizona Al this day and it seemed like we were pulling stuff out of every bucket. Twice we found 5 points in one bucket. These are some of ther better ones.

PhotobucketPhotobucketlu72/IMG_0090.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Re: Last Memorial Day at Nachos in Barksdale

Aaah heartbreaker bell!! And is that a barber base in the second to last pic? It looks fluted

Not sure if it is or not. I didn't know they could be that big (if you're talking about the one on the right). There was another base found just like it. There is a Barber base in my pics posted 3-28. Yeah that Bell is a heartbreaker. May send it to Gomer.

Hey Brad, I've been to Nacho's so many times I forget who I screened with. Are you the young man in this photo? If its you, yes we did have a great day. If this is you give me a shout at al.christensen@cox.net. Would like to stay in touch. AL.C

Photobucket

That's me! Glad I finaly got in touch with you. Do you remember the two guys from east Texas that were digging to your left and my right in that photo? I've been wanting to get in touch with them, but can't remember their names. There was also another guy from Louisianna that wore an arrowhead necklace.

You are talking about the guy in the army cloths and the guy that had the little dog with him. I have dug with them a couple times since then over at TJ's. Good old boys. Don't remember their names.

Photobucket

Thats the guy I'm looking for in the cammo! I was wanting to get in touch with him and see if he knows any good places to hunt around Texarkanna/New Boston because I'm going on a hog hunt on a friends ranch down there. They were some real nice and informative guys.

Good finds, followed by good on the job action shots make for a neat posting. . . BUT

Could that actually be someone goofing off under a shady tree in the backround of the site pics ? ( blue shirt, his working buddy, dark shirt ) Get that mans name

The guy in the pit is Ace, Nachos son. Nice guy!

Al Christensen
Hey Brad, I've been to Nacho's so many times I forget who I screened with. Are you the young man in this photo? If its you, yes we did have a great day. If this is you give me a shout at al.christensen@cox.net. Would like to stay in touch. AL.C

Photobucket

This picture made me realise that probably half the screen diggers I have seen use a garden hoe for at
least some their time. So I figured, " if its that good, there is probably room for improving" Something specifically for screeners ( Home Depot only sells hoes in the Gardening section, NOT the screening section.

I made a hoe with 120% more surface area. Deep cut grooves for a better grip. Since all hoe work is a pulling action, a curved stub at the base of the handle. All painted in no lose in the dirt, dayglow orange.
Photobucket

Arizona Bob ( thats his real name & adress ) was kind enough to share a bit of his valuable soil to let me
give the new device a proper field evaluation test.
Photobucket

Here's a close up of the working end, four inch Perd for scale. I cut down a standard hoe then cut off the business end of a shovel, inverted it...Great, Lots of dirt moving surface area.
Photobucket

Nobody likes it