Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Oklahoma points. Not as nice as Texas but...

My first year of hunting frame

Photobucket

Daltons

Photobucket

Garys

Photobucket

Spearpoint/knife?

Photobucket

Unknown heartbreakers

Photobucket

Martindale and unknown

Photobucket

Martindale again

Photobucket

Scallorn and gary

Photobucket

2 heartbreakers, Allen and unknown

Photobucket

Scottsbluff?

Photobucket

Antler tine

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Birdpoints

Photobucket

Re: Oklahoma points. Not as nice as Texas but...

That spearpoint knife looks like a beautiful g 9.999 Marcos basetang, sweet flint congratulations!

Your opening line might read " not as SOME parts of TX" That hill country part of CenTx is a pure
anomoly of unbelievably huge points. Your OK. collection beats the rest of TX. Especially the older ones, very nice

Brad you have done every well if that was only your first year. Most people won't find that much in there life time. The big spear you have is really something as they are real hard to find in one peice and that's what I believe it is. Most would say it is a knife but what do they think they protected themselves with in close quarters with a large preditor. If it was a bear I would want a really big gun so I beleive they used really big spears. Thanks for showing your stuff. Keep hunting

wow! what parts of Oklahoma? I'm from wichita falls. About 15 miles south of oklahoma and 60 miles south of lawton, ok.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen! It truly is my first year of hunting. I had always wanted to do this, just didn't know where to start so I researched, researched, researched some more, and am still researching. I soak everything up like a sponge, trying to learn all I can. The end of this month marks my first find, a busted grand (white and bottom or next to bottom row in the frame).
Shallow Hal,I live 15 minutes from Lawton. I've heard there are several good spots to hunt near the Red River, but I have never had the chance to hunt there.