Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nachos idea what do yall think?

after the chalk bluff dig everone that has dug it should all have a meeting somewhere, to see what was found and maybe put together some killer hearbreakers.i am willing to help fund it, it would be a great time i think. any ideas yall, just a thought.

Re: Nachos idea what do yall think?

EXCELLENT IDEA. . . . if you can convince all parties that it is for their own good.
No funding needed, just a folding table and a clean bed sheet...it can be implemented on the very next dig. The time for trying to match up broken pieces is the same day that area of the camp was being done.

The way things have been in the past, finds are laid out on tailgates, never together. I would suggest an
arrangement like when you go fishing on a party boat..at the end of the voyage. . .all the dead fish from everyone is put on display for pics.
So with the folding table and cloth, a proper place people will want to layout finds and look for matching pieces.

If a dig operator is reading this,, , ,I point out that it would be to his advantage to provide a table and
some kind of cloth / banner that would display his name and site. ALSO like the dead fish show....have a
cardboard sign with the date.

If the idea flies, some professional photographer might be interested in attending the digs and taking
progressive pics during the day, then the group shot and offer for sale. !

I always wondered why it wasn't done the day of the dig. Sounds like a good idea to me, but who gets the completed point? The person with the bigger half?

The person with the lighter wallet?

It would boast well for nachos interest and roland, all i can say is lets do it..

Keg party did someone say keg party

May I suggest who ever has the base (that id's the point) gets the point!

JT
May I suggest who ever has the base (that id's the point) gets the point!

Sounds great to me, I have more bases than tips!

This is a super idea! All we need is parti****nts. The pavilion @ the church would be an ideal spot. Right now I'm working on having my own artifacts show/get together so sellers and buyers can do some business. My thoughts are to have the dig going while people can do business.

cant wait for tailgate party! Oh i mean swap and shop get together, see ya this weekend, wheres my cooler?

explorer1
after the chalk bluff dig everone that has dug it should all have a meeting somewhere, to see what was found and maybe put together some killer hearbreakers.i am willing to help fund it, it would be a great time i think. any ideas yall, just a thought.

I think I'll drive out there this morning and see how
Expl makes out

IT'S A START !

We implemented the after dig comparison show this visit to Nachos on 4-25.
I dont think anybody made a match up but it's the first time we have ever seen all the days finds at one time.

Badger has posted all the pics under the new update on the front page, top left under the "Nacho Icon".

Note the last two pics of the report....Our secret private " wash the dirt off beach" was crowded with
most of the folks from that part of the county enjoying plenty of water in the river and hot temps.

Re: IT'S A START !

Hal- That is one sweet Perd. Super find. Congrats !

Re: IT'S A START !

i put one back together after i came home saturday a killer to, but not anything fancy just big almost 4 inches, post pics soon.

explorer1

There is one small detail needed to make an after graduation picture work...

Photobucket

Somebody . . . . ANYBODY. . . has got to visit each table and say to the screeners " we're setting up an
after dig show of everyones finds, be good if you would like to attend "

ANY dig operator is NOT going to layout and organise such a get together.
Nacho has on his back seat of that monster black mariah, a banner with erasable pen to pen in the correct date. ALSO a large specially selected color table cloth , at great cost, selected for best contrast with the 2 red pieces on the banner & to highlight both washed & unwashed finds. ALSO, at no little expence, precut special nautical nylon line
strips to seperate the various owners finds.

No instigator, no show N tell