Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
little help Missouri

I'll be in southern Missouri soon and was wondering if anyone could tell me in the right direction as far as a creek,river,or area I should consider. I've never been there. Not looking for secret spots or a personal spot,just a general area of this part of the state around Branson. Thanks all.

Re: little help Missouri

I have very little help I can give you. I went up to Branson in the fall. Lake Taneycomo is there. I might try to hunto the lake s**** around where you can rent "the ducks". The ducks is a car/boat tour that runs on the lake. Lots of lakes up there I'm sure someone can give you better help than me.

I know the area well, we have a place near Kimberling City just west of Branson. Alot of sites got flooded out when the built the dam for Table Rock Lake, and Lake Taneycomo. The whole area is very hilly, and there are lots of caves everywhere. If you go to downtown Branson, Don't miss going into Dick's Five and Dime Store, as the owner has a Great artifact collection high up on the walls of the store. Lots of good points and Big Blades. All came from less than a mile away on the river prior to the dam. It's really worth seeing if your in town.

mike, I've seen those points in the 5 and dime store. Never new they were local points til now. very cool. beautiful country.

Yeah Travis, I even lived at Reed Springs for about a year back in the early 70's. It all changed when they decided to make Branson a big tourist center. Now a days you have to get well out of that town to find places to hunt points. The best thing this guy can do is probably go a bit North of Branson, and try to find some farmers that would let him on their land. Use to do that looking for caves, and the country folks up there are pretty friendly too. All those points in the 5 and dime store, the owner found when he was alot younger, along the river,which is now Lake
Taneycomo

Thanks a bunch y'all for the help. We'll see how it goes.