Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thinking about a vacation

I live in Missouri and have found a few pretty points and some drills in the gravel of the Meramec River. Nothing like what I've seen on these pages.A trip like this would be a dream to me. Any suggestions on sites? Nachos looks very promising! Great Pics! To screen for a day are the rates per person or per screen? I would love to bring my bf but I think after a couple of hours he'd get bored.

Re: Thinking about a vacation

Go to Nacho's for sure It's 200.00 a person. Tell your BF if he gets bored he's he has no pulse

Spending the time & money for a long trip, I usually advise to try to line up more than one venue to spread the interest....As it happens, the greatest flint show on earth will be at the Mayborn convention center, Temple TX, June 4 & 5th.
If BF might not be into dirty hands, how about looking and as little as 2 bucks for a real but broken 3 thousand yr old native American artifact....The following pic is from a recent show.
Photobucket

Try to imagine a convention hall At least 10 times the appaent size of this pic. ( PS for BF, bring a LOT of two dollars )
Make VERY SURE you have solid over the phone reservations with any dig operator, most / some will be at the flint show, NOT digging those days.

Dig operators I know offer half day, half price digs. It gives the flexibility to make a decicion
to do a full day. Even if it's not BF's thing, he can always play video games for a few hours while you
grovel in the dirt.

If you have never been to Tx before there might be other things of interest along your route, like the Alamo.

OR entirely say "to hell with the flint" and spend your entire trip time on Austins "famous" 6th street,
Singing & dancing

I just got back from the Luling flint show..

BF is going to need a LOT of two dollars if you make it to the Temple show. The dealers have got boxes of
real broken points.

OR for some two thousand dollar bills He can be the first kid in his neighborhood with some real Paleo
artifact.