Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SKY SHOT ALTERNATIVE ?

Traditional "sky shots " can be beautifull or lousy The problem is to get the most light through the
flint it must be held up as near into the sun as possible....and that means directly into the camera's metering system.....
with dubious results....
Photobucket

The same amount of strong light comming through from behind;; against a dark backround would seem desireable..

Photobucket

This can be done by using one of those round mirrors ( one side concave to enlarge ) and reflect the sun UP

Photobucket

Different degrees of light intensity and effect can be had with experimenting with flat mirror Vs concave.

Photobucket

Just be very very careful or you could wind up with a handful of fire popped flint

Re: SKY SHOT ALTERNATIVE ?

good thinking Mr. Hal. very creative

Very nice technique! I noticed the translucent area highlighted is round, is this because the mirror is round? What if you had a triangle shaped mirror? Would it light up the whole thing? (I should probably know this from physics class, but that was soooo long ago.)

Gin
Very nice technique! I noticed the translucent area highlighted is round, is this because the mirror is round? What if you had a triangle shaped mirror? Would it light up the whole thing? (I should probably know this from physics class, but that was soooo long ago.)

That severe round was using the concave side of the mirror, if I was to pull the flint away, it would reduce to a pin point....and the flint would explode

The flip side flat mirror has a very wide reflective area, better for a more even lighting