Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Leon River comanchee perd

Photobucket

Re: Leon River comanchee perd

very nice. surface find? what county?

The Comanches were originally a part of the Shoshone nation living along the upper Platt River in Wyoming. They broke away from the Shoshone and migrated to the southern plains that included parts of central Texas in the early 1700's. That Pedernales point was made several thousand years prior to the arrival of the Comanches along the Leon River.

A friend of mine by the name of Wildman found it in a gravel bar.Corell Co.

Beautiful. Thats a real gravel bar walkers dream come true.

Well Hal,he wasnt walking.He was digging in the gravel.The camp is so dense out there the arrowheads are everywhere.

i've heard of peaple screening dunes on the river islands before. interesting.

Cherokee
Well Hal,he wasnt walking.He was digging in the gravel.The camp is so dense out there the arrowheads are everywhere.

Ah-zo, I just remembered, I think I know right where that gravel bar is, we had a poster a few yrs ago that sent pics of such a place in such a location with his wife & kids splashing / screening / finding.

Very pleasant day out with the family ( except in Jan & FEb )