Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wilsons

Photobucket

Bell county. Classic. Anybody have any of these? Would like to see some from Bell, Milam,fayette,Williamson counties.

Re: Wilsons

i personally have never heard of a wilson not saying im an expert but ihave seen early stemmed and lange points that both have the same characturistics the only main differance is early stemmed is usually ground. is that point papered and the flaking looks old to me so im curious if its papered what is the time line.nice artifact.

Paul, Early Stemmed are first cousins to Wilson. I don't require any toliet papaer on points I dig. The context of this find was below the early archaic layer. And it is ground. I don't claim to be an expert; however I do know point types. The stem area is ground. Hester noted that it does conform to the type site. If you require Dwain to put a name and/or an Ok on a point, then perhaps you should do more reading or digging. I would suggest starting with the Wilson/Leonard site report. jm2c

Ach, So that is presumbly where the name originates, the WILSON / Leonard site. It's a beauty, if I have any I probably dropped it in the Hardin varient sandwich bag.
I'll be trying for this "new" variety just as I am trying for the " new " Austin type point.

Leonard kinda lost out on this one !

SH
Ach, So that is presumbly where the name originates, the WILSON / Leonard site. It's a beauty, if I have any I probably dropped it in the Hardin varient sandwich bag.
I'll be trying for this "new" variety just as I am trying for the " new " Austin type point.

Leonard kinda lost out on this one !

SH, I met you at TJ's not too long ago, Iv'e been digin the gold sand site in Lee Co. We find alot of perds. with bevels but it turn out they're Austin type. I'll bring you one to the show in Temple if you'd like.

I know exactly where those dino tracks are.You know the owners Brad?Why dont they turn that in to a pay dig? The camp is very large and nobody digs it.