Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Dan Davis's Book

We were up at Fredericksburg yeterday and I found a Dan Davis book for sale in a book store on main street. It was in excellent condition, almost new.
Anybody got $995.00 to buy it? If this keeps up and the price hits 2 grand I'll be more then happy to sell my signed, limited edition. I think buying his book is a better investment then playing the stock market.

Re: Dan Davis's Book

Look for the original posts on this book that I brought forward....

Question is . . . .Has inflation doubled the value ( of the unsigned version)in one year....OR ...is the price doubled for the rich Fredricksburg clientelle ?

DOUBLE SIGNED....Wow, talk about RARE that sounds about as good a rarity as the US Airmail stamp engraved with the airplane upside down

Davis had a limited 1,000 signed additions for sale, I got one down in Cotulla years ago, and then Davis came down for a book signing at the Cotulla hog cook off. Got him to sign it again. I never thought it would go up in value, just another book in my library. This keeps up I'll get to retire early. Wonder if any more of those artifact books are as much in demand. I thought Perino's 2nd edition was limited to only a few hundred.

. . . . I JUST LOCATED FOUR UNSIGNED COPIES . .

Just talked to Winston of CIBOLO CREEK CUSTOM CASE COMPANY. He has 4 copies of the book, in good condition. Due to slight wear evidence they range from $200. to $275.

All will be at his setup at the Temple flint show.

Thanks Hal, I've bet those sell out faster then the bar-b-bue sandwiches. Strange how just one book can go up so much in value. Wonder what it'll cost to buy it in 10 years from now. That's a better investment then gold. That one at the book store in Fredericksburg may be there for a while.

I thought that I'd heard about a year ago or so on this forum maybe that there were some re-prints of Dan's book available. If I were going to buy another one that's not signed, I'd ask for a guarantee or letter of authentication before forking over 100's of $.

Hey Silver, thought you'd dropped out of sight, glad to see you back on board.
Davis's is a good book, but there are several others in the same category, so I wonder why his book is in such hot demand now?
If I knew then what I know now I would have bought all his limited signed editions that he had at the Cotulla western store.

I'm not quite clear on the " authentic " book warning. Are you saying be sure the issue was not page by page photocopied ?
If another run, say edition 2 or 3 was done of the original, asside from being signed, how does that make
it less desirable than run 1 ?

My "FIELD GUIDE TO STONE ARTIFACTS OF TEXAS INDIANS " by Turner & Hester. Unsigned, is shown as copyright
1985 - 1993 - 1999.
Am I looking at an inferior reference book