Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Any Artifact Illustrators in the House? Corner Tang or Montell Illustration wanted

Hellooo all

MIGHT be a possability for the designer that did the last Austindiggers Shrits to make a new design for one with a Corner Tang or Montell or something snazzy !

Need a great Illustration drawing for the shirt. TRYING to contact Dr. Hester to see if we might be able to contact the Illustrator for the drawings in "A Field Guide to Stone Artifacts of Texas" .. there are some wonderful illustrations in there that he would be able to use IF we can get a ok..

But .. Since I don't think we can get authorization to use one of the already wonderfully done drawnings... I am looking for someone who can make a new one!

Help appreciated!

Got to have all our Austindiggers lookin good again this year and try for a new design! If not I will probably still re-print old one if ther are enough people wanting them

THanks!

Re: Any Artifact Illustrators in the House? Corner Tang or Montell Illustration wanted

As FAST as I typed the lst message, I got a reply from Dr. hester stating that they do not allow the drawings to be used for t-shirts or commercial items..

SO again...

I am looking for a Illustrator that migh tbe able to help out with a drawing of a Texas Artifact for possable use for a new design for some new tee-shirts

Thanks for the reply Dr !!!! I had to ask!!!!!

Thanks

Michelle

Re: Any Artifact Illustrators in the House? Corner Tang or Montell Illustration wanted

Well here's a idea , here in midland we have a buisness that does signs, embrodery. , caps, tshirts and such, and I know that they have a way to scan certain items , then the computer tells the sowing machine to do it's thing and make it up , so if you have the real deal point for a copy , maybe there is a place in Austin that can do this magic , and scan your artifact that you want on your shirts , and let the computer do your art set up for you.all you have to do is find a nice point for your model . And I'm sure you know a lot of willing doners for the cause . When figure it out , there's a bunch here in midlandthat will be wanting a shirt, adios cliff

Michelle,
I will try to put some pen to paper if you'd like..

I told Flicker when I saw Michelle's post that you'd be the prime candidate for it Travis. I liked your art work in the TC magazine.

Thanks Ken! I have fun with that stuff.

I've had some experience with artifact drawings, if you'd like to see them i can scan them & email them to you Michelle.

Hey

I know Dwain rogers is a awesome artist if you ever saw his book corner tangs across texas the drawings in it are ones he did himself

It might not hurt to ask him if he would do a drawing for a t shirt design !!

just a idea he is a great guy !!

Travis McGaughey
Michelle,
I will try to put some pen to paper if you'd like..

Just saw a drawing Trav sent to Mlle .... really good Ctang, I assume it was traced from a piece of his collection

Ha!
I wish it was from my collection Hal... I'm batting 0.00 in the Ctang club.

Are you still gathering candidates for the second generation of clothing decor ??

If your searching for something very rare, distinctive and worldwide identifyable as an "AUSTIN DIGGER " special find....

How about:::::

A DOUBLE BASED, DRILLED MONTELL GORGET

Photobucket

ha! i remember that one

Photobucket

i'd buy that shirt hal!

How about this one? A real Scrat Hal point.
Rare.

No! Montell would be way better.

I'm an artifact illustrator and I would love to help! Contact me on my email at "sickfromsot@yahoo.com" and I will provide samples. I have done work for the University of Wyoming and Colorado State University, all for publication, you won't find a better artifact artist anywhere!

Hello,
I did the picture of The Knapper you posted a few years back. I'm at your service.
Larro