Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PROGRESS REPORT LANDSCAPING AT CHRISNERS 5/26

Back to moving bedrock again, found a section of cliff a bit farther down from all past work that had a straight fall line of about 15 feet. Hope there's something in between rocks but if not, it should make a great satisfying crash at the bottom.

Photobucket

get ready...get set......

Photobucket

GONE

Photobucket

This is actually the larger one shown in the first pic, no matter how I resolved to hold the camera and "click" as the thing goes over, I never got a shot of one " in the air ", before touchdown....to say nothing of capturing one in slo motion like the movies !

Photobucket

By end of the day I had this big area cleaned off right to the solid bed rock. Drop off on the left of pic, there's a glove in there somewhere for scale,

Photobucket

And here's 7 hrs work. 4 worked pieces and a herb mano.
This area was obviously NOBODY's favorite spot to sit and knap out a few points ..

Photobucket

This frog was a MONSTER, never can find a 5 inch Montell for scale when you need one

Photobucket

New people, first time to Chrisners...This is Stan. All surface finds ( and he didnt have to move a 11 ton boulder !

Photobucket

This is Bob Hornet, surface finds... Thats a full point there too. To make matters worse ( as compared to my finds...Stan & Bob only did 1/2 day

Photobucket

Re: PROGRESS REPORT LANDSCAPING AT CHRISNERS 5/26

you think just like me. i once spent 2 days moveing a huge slap of rock, and found just a few workt pieces. u just never know what lays under them. most people wont put in the work it takes to move them big rocks, even though the dirt under them have not been seen for thousands of years. the rewards can be great. plus i like to hear them crash at the bottom and maybe take out a tree or two. thanks for the report and the great pics.

BB, I thought I had a lock on bedrock lunacy I've had brillient success over the last few years but mainly with medium sized rocks...Now that I have a house moving jack I'm in the big league..Just haven't found the right bedrock

After a while when the finding was slow to non existant I actually DID think of your observation " well at least they will make a big crash "

Okay, so when you are choosing a rock to try to tackle, how do you choose? Is it only rocks at the bottom of a slope? Or is there some other criteria?

I just would love to see the size of that Indian that hid all those points under those big rocks that hale searches for.

Rick & Gin, All the rock moving you have seen this past year at Chrisners has been at the very edge of a camp
overlooking the water source.
The general idea is that the people might have sat near the edge to get away from the cooking fires ( and kids ) also depending on the lay of the land, yearly torrential rains tend to take any camp debris down slope
getting lodged in any cracks & crevises.

The space BETWEEN "bedrock" has the material, most times just shifting a monster apart by one foot will allow using some dentist tools to cleanout the collected dirt.
Depending on what the rock is seated on, nothing goes very far underneath very far.

It was more efficient to roll roll some rocks over the edge to get them right out of the way.

The recent rewards have been very small but we keep looking for the "big one".....when it happens it's spectacular,,,Hunt around on the front page botoom for the "WATERFALL ICON"

bingo

Re: PROGRESS REPORT LANDSCAPING AT CHRISNERS 7 / 19

Photobucket

I kept going back in the cracks away from the big drop off in the top pics...
Photobucket

Waterfall still flowing

Photobucket

Not much of a base for securing to a Stick !

Photobucket

Nice point Hal. I dug and dug Satruday in the Perd camp and found a few pieces, but mainly slim pickings. Found a very interesting tip of a knife of some sort....very interesting piece. I will post when I take some pics. Also found a Frio base, and a left handed thumb scraper.

nice Hal! Glad to know someone else is digging in the heat. David, hope things are going well man.