Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SUPER FLINT WEEKEND EXTRAORDINARE

Next weekend June 4th and 5th people from all over the world from locations as remote as Kansas will be making the treck to Temple TX for the annual " greatest show on earth".........How long can you spend at a flint show for all that driving. ? ? ?
As a "show special", the Chrisners have organised a special dig event to take advantage of all that enthusiasm the show has created for flint...

Last years' productive digfest site that has been closed to digging all this time will now be opened.

Barefoot Bill is the man in command..

Photobucket

SCREEN DIG
saturday six hours, 1:00PM to 7:00 PM...$125.
SUNDAY SIX HOURS 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM ....$125.

HAND DIG
Al day Sat & Sun...$50. per digger Under 12 free ( drivers licence prof of age required )
The Main target for the hand diggers is the sacred "pile". This is all the original soils that were excavated to create all the digfest trenches. Its noce and loose and no roots...quality loam !

That big pile of dirt behind Badger is gold mountain ....
Photobucket

There's not a square inch of shade in the area...I broke my summer parasall out of the mothballs just this past week end.
Photobucket

Bill was test hand digging to verify his different levels and found bone and a worked piece...
Photobucket

Ensor with a missing tip......Fortunatly ET was also visitng an offered to hold the find in his hand ....

Photobucket

Hand dig space is unlimited. Screen tables ARE LIMITED. Table reservations a must. Call Richard, first call, first booked.

Phone number and location maps are on the front page middle under PAY DIG SITES

CAMPING for paying diggers is free.....

Bring your own food, drinks and door prizes.

Editors note ::: the gold mountain soil is so relatively loose even hand garden scratchers should do resonably well......Wiggle pick diggers only are over tooled !

Bill will collect the dig fee right at the dig site. So you can recognise him, here is a very recent picture......

Photobucket

Re: SUPER FLINT WEEKEND EXTRAORDINARE

hey hal i and my wife want to do a barefoot bill dig before the show on sat we want to do the late dig on fri ive called the only number i know can you help me please

JUNE 5TH AND 6TH ARE THE DATES! SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY

GOT TO UPDATE THOSE DATES!!

THE DATES ARE JUNE 5TH AND 6TH .. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY FOR THE HAND DIG OF THE BILL PILE!

THANKS!
MICHELLE

Re: JUNE 5TH AND 6TH ARE THE DATES! SATURDAY AND SUNDAY ONLY

CONTACT BILL AT 254-760-4990

Hey Hal:

I got a little excited when Bill didn't answer the phone the very second i called. I wanted to do this dig so soooo badly - the second time I called we talked for what seemed to me like at least 20 minutes. I can't wait to be a part of this next weekend's flint extraordinaire. I haven't looked more forward to something like this for a long time! Thanks, Michelle, for having a place that this kind of thing happens. I hope to see both of you at the temple show.

Sincerely,

Pat Kinyon

also hal when your under the umbrella excuse me the parasall the arrow points behind you

Notes & comments, NO reservations for the special hand dig site. Make your way down there and pay Bareoot directly.
Yeah Pat, a fun gathering of dirt devils One of the fringe benefits that might not happen on other events, The cheapie hand diggers will be able to see what the rich screeners will be finding...From the same camp !

Badger & I were up there yesterday to make sure the streams were fordable...

The strongest message we advise to visitors...IT IS GOING TO BE CLEAR AND HOT ( in the direct sun) Even grizzled desert gophers would be well advised to bring anything to create shade...umbrellas, tarps,
blankets, obese family members that cast a wide shaddow..etc..

COLD LIQUIDS ( in case some run out, I believe Barefoots' wife will be selling cold water by the glass, $9.00 per )

Well maybe just ordinary instead of "extraordinare"

The rains Wednesday evening really slamed the Chrisner ranch. SCREENING is out of the question, cancelled.

Hand dig is up to the individual. the actual Sat & Sun WX will be hot & clear.

Surfacers ALERT big rain, new posibilities.

Just talked to Barefoot.....Because the first screening is due to start at 1:00 PM Saturday, he thinks it will be dry enough then for a good try.

Hard, short downpours never saturate very deep.

Barefoot's only 30 minutes drive from the Temple show, if you had screening on the agenda, check it out.

Thats a good endorsement for hand diggers too

A fair number made it to the Saturday dig after the show. Screeners in the shade, note hand diggers Umby on the hill.
Sunday's booked out ( except the hand dig )

Photobucket