Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
WEEKEND, CAMP ROLANDS, SCREEN NACHOS

3 day Memorial day weekend special in the hill country. Camped on the Nueces at Rolands place, woke up and screen dug with Nacho.

Day One..

Photobucket

First find by Patrick, Noah & Gene enjoy..

Photobucket

Very nice Kinney...

Photobucket

What have we here

Photobucket

Frio....

Photobucket

Lunch break for Gene B and Arizona ( lucky ) Al..

Photobucket

Al justified the whole drive over just by lunch time of his first day...
Thats a die for Marshall..

Photobucket

My turn,One Perd in th Pan is worth two in the dirt ..

Photobucket

Nice distinctive marking..

Photobucket

Idahoe was pleased with a really big Perd...

Photobucket

Quick bath for the newly found..

Photobucket

It's made out of a highly fossiliferous piece of flint. Unfortunatly this pic is before washing, to see fossil detail, see Ida's pics under another posting...

Photobucket

Screen digging is not all fun and games, sometimes there is hard work involed ....I had to WASH my finds...

Photobucket

Re: CAMP ROLANDS, SCREEN NACHOS,,,,DAY TWO

Red sky in the morny, screeners glory...

Last find from yesterday, a Goldfish Marcos

Photobucket

It's a true hafted scraper...that blunt nose is completly reworked to a very sharp edge...

Photobucket

Hi Ho -- Hi Ho . . . . . .

Photobucket

Its off the work we go > > > > > >

Photobucket

Waste of film "insitu ", , ,it's between thumb & finger..

Photobucket

Expertly judged to be a Marshall....

Photobucket

See through honey.....

Photobucket

Extra work for the eye focus machines when they are looking for something the size of 6 inch Kinneys !

Photobucket

Nice clean hand with a smudge of miniscule dirty rock

Photobucket

LUNCH TIME.

Patrick hand crafts PERSONALISED display cases of the finest materials.

Try to immagine the finest points in place of that nice "picture" of trees in the viewing area.....

Photobucket

The personalised comes in with the decorative hand carved Rosewood "reproductions " of your favorite point of your choice, exact flake for flake copy..

Photobucket

Patricks' back ( literally ) to work !

Photobucket

End of day "show N tell " setup..

Photobucket

AzAl already had his keepers in frames for safe transportation..

Photobucket

WHAT could possibley draw a more enthusiastic crowd around closer than the days finds...??

Patricks' life work has been to collect a big frame of only the most fantastic points in Texas...

They have NO "G" ratings, they are all off scale...

They will be on display at the Temple show, Pat is sharing the tables with Nacho, cant miss um.

Photobucket

awesome photos and report there Mr. Hal. I'd like to know more about Patrick's frames. So you know if he has a website or anything???

Travis McGaughey
awesome photos and report there Mr. Hal. I'd like to know more about Patrick's frames. So you know if he has a website or anything???

THIS IS NOT AN ADVERTISMENT, just a contact number for getting in touch with a fellow digger..

Patrick Grass 816 591 3156 ,,,patricco260@aol.com

Thanks Hal

Re: CAMP ROLANDS, SCREEN NACHOS,,,,DAY THREE

On the third day of screen it tends to tumble ones gyros..

Photobucket

Kinney Pat unearths another one ..

Photobucket

THIN......

Houstom Larry....Here's another one of those featherlight aluminum Kinney hoes ( remember last meeting, we couldn't immagin what they were made for?) Well Pat knew.......

They are used by the shrimpers on the Gulf coast for sorting out the G-10 sized shrimp from the
pop corn size........

Photobucket

What a crying shame.......Nacho himself screened this one out,,,,,its a pure corner tang design,,,,without the corner tang !

Photobucket

I couldn't believe it....Just as I was taking an important "insitu" pic, that Arizona nut stuck his finger right in front of the lens

Photobucket

Try again...

Photobucket

Mike & John perusing.....

Photobucket

Really classic design Kinney

Photobucket

My turn, Tweet-tweet

Photobucket

Back story...I wont waste your time with the other two pics I have of this hand..
Pat came over and said " checkout this bird drill I found "CLICK" I said " hey, let me put my just found bird with that" " CLICK "........then from another table, John comes over and says " Look what I just found " "CLICK"

Photobucket

Beautiful bark shot with some fuzzy bug in the middle

Photobucket

very small Al find..

Photobucket

Before disturbing the insitu effect, we took a " below the table shot"...TRANSLUCENT..

Photobucket

This lunch break, John, from Katy TX brought a BIG frame to show ..

Photobucket

Every point is from this dig site, found on visits up to today. Brillient backround Ehh

Photobucket

The #430 arrived at 4:30 PM....THE find of the DAY

People were comming from all the surrounding ranches to see..

Photobucket

No "modern" hand has yet touched the insitu.....

Photobucket

Take carefull note of the fine finness of camera handling ....

Photobucket

MIKE IS THE MAN

Photobucket

It's a FRIO way beyond the "G" scale ratings. It's huge by Frio standards, delicate. Unfortunatly its NOT made out of that translucent Root beer flint we all love....It's some stupid translucent PINK

Photobucket

John put on his best Sunday go to meetin shirt to show this point from the drop dead Castroville tribe

Photobucket

Just for comparison...Here's the pic of Will's drop dead found at this site just two weeks ago

Photobucket

End of day " look what I found "

Photobucket

No close ups

Photobucket

THIS IS A HOOT

Arizona Al had complained mightily since we cut into a bird point camp that he couldn't see without his glasses ( that he doesn't own )

Collectively, HE found the most birds of ANYONE..

Photobucket

When day is done, all the locals bring their finds down to 19 mile bridge to wash them off

Photobucket

Thankyou Roland ( and you too Nach & Rosc )

Excellent report Hal. AZ Al was the king of points. At least he goes back to hot a s s Arizona in style. Cheers! Nice finds out there. I feel an Ensor knife coming this weekend.

awesome!.. i'll be out hunting my place this weekend.. hopefully i'll have some pics to share!.. you always outdo yourself~...

and is this guy sticking his tongue at your finds??

lol

.. the ol.."photobomb" hand~... .hehe

Way to go Mike!! Nice Frio. Good to see you out diggin again. Hope to see you in Temple on Saturday. Terrell

hal on that picture you took of that finger i dont think you used your f. stop.